• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chicken wire and plaster
    46 gallon bow front
    Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long
    Community SA/CA/African Cichlid (we will see how it works out....)

Comment

and it shouldnt float either
      46 gallon bow front
      Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long
      Community SA/CA/African Cichlid (we will see how it works out....)

Comment

what if you make a shell out of chicken wire, use silicon and some decent size rocks to cover some areas and then attach java moss to other areas, i think that would give a great illusion of a solid cave while providing wonderful hiding areas for smaller fish in the java moss

Comment

The foam is also used in tanks for animals like frogs. I used it to put together a tank for poison dart frogs, but I ended up never getting the frogs.

I think there may be a couple of different kinds, though I may be confusing it with the silicone I used to cover it.
          Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

I get a big 10,20,30, or 40lb rock or bigger. Take my concrete saw with a 14" diamond blade and make multiple cuts to hollow out the bottom. Finish it up with a grinder and a chisel. Reduce the weight of the rock by 50 percent. I've only made 2 so far and wrecked another one by getting a little to aggressive. I need to practice more but that saw will wear you out.
            Last edited by fshfrk; 08-02-2010, 09:37 PM.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post
              I get a big 10,20,30, or 40lb rock or bigger. Take my concrete saw with a 14" diamond blade and make multiple cuts to hollow out the bottom. Finish it up with a grinder and a chisel. Reduce the weight of the rock by 50 percent. I've only made 2 so far and wrecked another one by getting a little to aggressive. I need to practice more but that saw will wear you out.
              I saw John do all the work and I was still sweating, they turned out nice though!!

Comment

Working...
              X