blue neon gymno not doing well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue neon gymno not doing well

one of my blue neon gymnogeophagus has been attacked by my ornate because my blue neons are the smallest fish in my tank (around 2") and he isnt doing very well...one of his fins is bitten almost completely off and the other fins show sign of fin rot and he has an open wound behind his fin that is red and inflamed. he is breathing very heavy and his colors have darkened significantly. I really dont wan to to lose this guy because there arent many around in houston. he is currently in a 20g QT with another one of my geos thats being treated for another issue. i plan on medicating tomorrow but if you guys have any suggestions let me know because this little guy is important to me
    I make people happy

worry about the open wounds first on this fish. after that I would use melafix. this stuff repairs fins really quick.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

well the tank i put him in is currently being treated with tetracycline and so i just dripped him over an hour or so that way he would not OD on the medication...what medication should i use for the open wound? or should i continue to dose with tetracycline?
      I make people happy

Comment

Working...
      X