This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of a kind

For sale are 2(more available)adorable Charlinochromis with horizontal line from eye to tail with orange color and a slight touch of blueish at the whiskers.....I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS THIS FISH.
    GUARANTEE.
    FISH SHOWN AT BOTTOM OF TANK.
    the price is $49.99 a pair

pm if interested
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Theman; 08-27-2009, 01:00 PM.
    210 gl - Yellow Moshi Mahale,Zebra Pleco
    300 gl - Red Bulu,Ikola,Brazilan Pleco
    200 gl pond - Assorted Cichlids

I've never heard of that genus... and can't find anything either. I assume it is not yet classified? It isn't a Chalinochromis sp. by chance? How did you get them? Are they WC? Hybrids?
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
      I've never heard of that genus... and can't find anything either. I assume it is not yet classified? It isn't a Chalinochromis sp. by chance? How did you get them? Are they WC? Hybrids?

The fish in the pictures do not appear to be sp....the are close but not the same as the chalinochromis FL and I have ....

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

In addition to arm's question, could you also put your location in Houston in your profile? Thanks.
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Looks like it could be the gold morph of Chalinochromis sp "bifrenatus"...
          Not trying to split hairs but if you're going to ask that much for them (not that it may not be justified) you should identify (and spell) them properly....but what do i know....
          Charles Jones
          http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
          Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

this is the species that CF and i have....

Comment

The original male could be Chalinochromis species called Bifrenatus in the trade (picture forth coming). It contains at least 2 species, but some of the "spliters" might eventually make several subspecies in each species because of their markings. I've bought a pair from the original Fish Ranch a few yrs back, all together maybe 15 species from lake of Tanganyika that are housed in my 300 gl tank. Now I probably have over 300 fish from yrs of collecting, which includes the fish everyone's inquiring about. Some way, some how this male Bifrenatus (?) has managed to cross breed with my Orange Leleupi, which was a big surprise due to the size of the Leleupi at the time. It was twice as big and the numbers of the Leleupi were many times more than the only pair Bifrenatus. I've shown this to Don ( Fish Galaries) who has been in the fish business for over 30 yrs. We both think this could be something new and exciting for the fish communities, or at least something for us to talk about.
              Regards,
              Theman
              Last edited by Theman; 08-26-2009, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Chalinochoromis x Neolamprologus. Interesting. They definitely look cool. I've learned something new tonight. Good luck with the sale.
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

It's definitely interesting...have any of these hybrids paired up and produced viable offspring?
                  Charles Jones
                  http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                  Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

As promised, the father shown in center of 2 new pics.
                    I've sold 6 this morning to a gentlement in Queen.

Comment

Working...
                    X