Complexity's 90g Planted Tank Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to you both!

MJ, contest shot? I don't think so! Not even close. But thanks for the compliment.
    Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
    • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
    • 29g Planted - Journal
    • 29g Planted
    • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Vicki, what are the plants with the laceolate leaves? It looks almost like a type of dracaenus.

Very nice tank!

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Pics of my Geo. He was the only fish that would stay still enough for me to actually photograph.

Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
        • 29g Planted
        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Originally posted by wesleydnunder View Post
          Vicki, what are the plants with the laceolate leaves? It looks almost like a type of dracaenus.
          Believe it or not, that's Hygro 'Compact' (Hygrophila corymbosa 'compact' aka Hygrophila corymbosa 'kompakt'). They grow like mad for me no matter what conditions I put them in.

In this tank, they get no CO2, no ferts, and only 1.44wpg lighting (although it is good light T5HO Giesemann bulbs and TEK fixture). I put them in when they were much smaller, and they just grow and grow! They have a very strong root system which I hope will help them survive cichlids. So far, so good; although, the yellow labs have taken some holes out of the leaves.

I also have Java Fern and Anubias in the tank, but they don't do nearly as well as the Hygro.
          Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
          • 29g Planted
          • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

that is a GORGEOUS little geo, he has colored up TREMENDOUSLY since when i last saw him. Looks like it might be an altifrons manaus.
            I make people happy

Comment

He seems to be happy in the tank. Such a friendly little guy. He tends to form an odd couple with the little leleupi. He swims around very graceful while the leleupi has the funniest jerky swimming motion (I'm going to go this way... no, that way.. no up... down... right... left... fast circle...). He's a little ball of energy. They tend to hang out together which is really funny to watch.
              Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
              • 29g Planted
              • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

nice colors on that little guy! very nice!
                25g - Reef
                3.5g - Surge Tank
                10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Thanks! He certainly seems happy in the tank. If everything goes the way I hope, I'd like to add a couple more so he can have some friends; although, he doesn't seem lonely. He's pretty much happy-go-lucky. Reminds me of a little puppy dog!
                  Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                  • 29g Planted
                  • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

I got new fish! A LOT of new fish! My tank is FILLED with new fish!

I went to Ultimate, and they had tons of fish that would work for my tank. I let Cassy pick out which fish to get for me. I got a number of smaller ones, but I also got 5 of their larger ones. I can't believe how great the tank looks now!

I have a list of the fish I got which I'll post later. I also want to get some pictures. My tank finally has actual fish swimming around in it!
                    Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                    • 29g Planted
                    • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

• Well where is the pics?
                      Resident fish bum
                      330G FOWLR
                      34G Reef
                      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

• I'm working on it! Turns out I got 25 new fish! I'm loving the heck out of them, too.

I'm first trying to figure out exactly which fish I have based on what she wrote down. I'm a little confused on a couple. I'll try to post some pics soon.
                        Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                        • 29g Planted
                        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

• Here's a list of the fish I got (as best as I can make it out since I don't have the full scientific names for all the fish).

(1) Aulonocara stuartgranti "Cobue"
                          (1) Aulonocara stuartgranti "German Red" — German Red Peacock
                          (1) Aulonocara stuartgranti “Bicolor 500”
                          (3) Aulonocara stuartgranti ''Ngara Flametail'' — Flametail Peacock
                          (3) Cyrtocara moorii — Blue Dolphin
                          (3) Haplochromis sp. "Uganda Fire Red" — Fire Red Hap
                          (1) Neolamprologus pulcher "Daffodil” — Daffodil brichardi
                          (3) Placidochromis electra — Deep water eletra
                          (1) Placidochromis phenochilus
                          (1) Protomelas steveni "Taiwan Reef” — Taiwan Reef Hap
                          (3) Pseudotropheus sp. "Msobo Deep"
                          (3) Sciaenochromis fryeri — Electric Blue Hap
                          Last edited by Complexity; 01-08-2010, 12:24 PM. Reason: Added correct name for fish, cleaned up list
                          Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                          • 29g Planted
                          • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

• Ps usually refers to Pseudotropheus... did you get males of every species?

Added: perhaps Pseudotropheus sp. "Msobo Deep" ?
                            Last edited by armthehomeless; 01-07-2010, 03:39 PM.
                            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
                              Ps usually refers to Pseudotropheus... did you get males of every species?

Added: perhaps Pseudotropheus sp. "Msobo Deep" ?
                              That's it! They're yellow fish that turn blue (didn't remember that until I looked them up from the name you gave). Thank you!

I got males when they were large enough to be sure they were males. But they are expensive so I had to fill in with juveniles. I don't know for sure what I got with those. I generally got 3 of the juveniles with the hopes of getting at least 1 male. As they grow, if I run into problems, I'll have to cull some out.
                              Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                              • 29g Planted
                              • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

• I have some pics to post! I'll start off with the obligatory FTS. As I get pics of the individual fish, I'll post them, too.

Here's the tank with all the fish now. It's finally looking good with lots of fish!

Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                                • 29g Planted
                                • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Working...
                                X