This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Help

Evey time I move, my tank gets put on the back of priority list and therefore I loss half of my plants. This time I would like to give a large chunk of my plants and maybe a month or two down the road you can give me some cuttings back.

If any one is interested I have a huge bundle of Sunset Hygrophila, some java moss, and another stem plant that has done pretty well, see attached photos. I also have like a billion Red Cherry Shrimp, if you would like a few of those. I do plan on taking as many as I can grab and putting them in a small 10 gallon tank with water straight from the source tank.

Thanks,
    Philip
    Attached Files

What part of Houston are you in? Where are you moving too?

I don't wnat anything ... but can help move the tank and set it back up the same day so that you don't lose anything.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

When you move, treat your plants as if you were shipping them. Put them in baggies while wet, but do not add any extra water or paper towels. They will last longer that way. It should buy you about 3 days which is enough time to get the tanks up and running again.

I also don't want any plants, but if you need new ones after moving, I can offer some trimmings from my plants.
      Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
      • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
      • 29g Planted - Journal
      • 29g Planted
      • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Oh, and I'd be willing to house some of your RCS, but I'd have to put them with my current RCS colony which are regular red color, not super reds. I would also be unable to sort out who's is who's afterwards.
        Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
        • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
        • 29g Planted - Journal
        • 29g Planted
        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

If you need help moving your tanks post a shout out. I am sure along with my self & many others will be glad to help you out.
          Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
          Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
          Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

I would like to have some Java Moss and any plant that you can spare. Thanks
            -125 gallons: 1 SR Arowana, 1 red tail giant gouramy, 1 Giraffe Catfish.

-55 gallons: 18 clown loaches, 28 corydoras, 2 golden algae eaters, 3 moonlight gouramies, 6 tiger barbs.

Comment

I would like several RCS and Sunset Hygro. I can offer you some cuttings from my 10g. I'm always pruning. What is your location? Best of luck with your move!
              Last edited by Roujin; 08-16-2009, 05:03 PM.
              Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
              Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

Wow this is a very nice group, didn't expect to get so many offers to help move my tank.
                I currently live right of 610 and Post Oak, but bought a house in Cypress.

To be honest, I've hired a moving service, figured I would have them move the tank also, or is this a bad idea? Its a 55gal

Thanks again for the offers
                Philip

Comment

Working...
                X