This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
    As much as I may try, i'll never be another Vanson. I'm maxing out at 83WPG.

HA!

Oh well, I took another route. My 225 light bulb fixture is a 13W LED panel.

7000K, low-no heat, with full coverage over the entire surface area of the tank.

It was an interesting find that I tought I would try out. If that does not work, time to break out the metal hilide
    Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

So no heaters?
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Sorry, the jabbing between Tim and I overlooked you question.

I personally do not use heaters. I keep the house temp at 75F, right now during the day it gets higher due to our summers. So water usually stays @ 75F, except the 75G with MH it is about 80-82F (actually I want a chiller for it). These temps usually maintain in the winter -1degree or two. So I stopped using heaters alltogeather. I know this is contradictory to all fish keeping practices, but I do not keep hot water fish like discus and angels so I do not have a problem. But it is not like you can keep a discus or angel in these tanks.....and if you did I want to see it. :)

If a heater is needed. there are small form factor heaters that can be used. Just a tip. Make sure to take out all equipment for your contest picture.
        Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

I need this locked please.

Comment

Working...
          X