splenden or plakat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splenden or plakat

heyguys, ive been breeding giant plakats, but was having to cross them female splendas. but the i came across a female that was huge and if it wasnt for the ovium tube i wouldve thought that she was a male plakat. so does anyone know how to tell for sure? thanx

Try puting it in a container next to a male. If a tube shows up, it's a female. If not, it's a male.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

i know its a fm, it weather or not its plakat or splendid .

Comment

Can you post a pic?
        Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Plakat is the "local" name for betta splendens in their wild form.

Now it generally refers to a short finned splendens.

So the answer is "YES" he / she is a plakat and is also a splendens.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

well i had thought they were totaly seperate. but ya she is "plakat" i geuss and she's very large. i mean realy big. i got her to breed with my giant "plakat", but so far i think that there is only 5 left out of houndreds. im pretty sure they ate them selfs to death. big eaters those giant. all my other spawn would just get full and let the rest stay on the bottom. but these giants gorge them selfs its crazy. i have 3 seperate spawns of these guys and i have to watch very closly at much they eat giving them just alittle bit at a time. ok maybe ill start another thread.

Comment

I talked to Mike and he said he is going to try and get some giant bettas.
              fishless

Comment

Working...
              X