Flake food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flake food

What is everyone's opinion on the best flake food to feed trophs and petros? I know some feed regular tropical flakes along with pellets and some feed veggie flakes; but, what, specifically, do you guys/gals think is the best flake food for these fish.

Thanks!

Ken has a tropheus flake.
    www.txtropheustraders.com

Comment

Spirulina flakes are good. I used to feed that, with a small combination of Aquarian flakes in conjuction with puppy chow and NLS. Now I just use puppy chow/NLS and cut out the flakes. Flakes can get messy from time to time.

Comment

I use kens spirulina flakes and nls and dainichi. feed them the flakes first, then throw in some pellets

Comment

Mickey gave me some "KENS PREMIUM TROPHEUS LOVERS FLAKE" and the tropheus and petros really like it and I like that the flakes are in very large pieces.
          150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
          125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
          115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Another question: Is the NLS cichlid (1mm) the same stuff as the NLS medium fish and large fish?? The ingredients and percentages look to be the same.

Comment

I feed Aquarian Tropical Flakes to them. This has been a staple flake for me since 2002, and never had any issues. It is low protein and has a high vegtable content and vitamins.

I use the flake food to disperse the food all around the tank some floats, some sinks, some goes all over the tank. It also is a good fry food.

I am a firm believer that flakes is always the best food to start out Tropheus and Petros on in the begining. Then move into pellet foods or combinations of pellets, mixes, or fresh.

NLS 1mm and NLS 3mm Large Fish are not exactly the same, but I never had any issues feeding that or even the Jumbo 4.5mm floating
              380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
              300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
              180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
              150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

I have only used HBH 8Veggie flakes and it was decent... messy and you'd have to go through a lot to bulk up some fish.

I only use pellets and never had a single problem with new or old fish feeding straight pellets.

NLS and Dainichi mix.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Aquarian is a very robust flake food. I buy it in the 5lb bucket from Foster and Smith for like $48. It lasts me a long time, and even when I get to the bottom of the bucket there is little fines in there.

I really like it.

Comment

The the best part is when your done with the 5lb tub of food, its a rather large bucket that can used for transport of fish, or fish home.

Nice buckets with a lid

Comment

You haven't seen the Asian kitty litter transpo devices yet.

Looks a caddy, seriously, I saw one with wheels.
                      www.txtropheustraders.com

Comment

Oh man.... bucket debate!

Oceanic Salt buckets FTW!
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Ikola roll in style! LOL!

Comment

I don't always feed flake but when I do I feed aqurian and I'm the most uninteresting man in the world. Flakes keep their system moving.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Working...
                            X