sinking betta, help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sinking betta, help!!!

hey guys, ive been conditioning 4 pair of betta for a week now and one of my fm hm s is sinking. shes full of eggs and can bearly make it to the top for air and when she doese she falls right back to the bottom. is it a swim bladder thing or im feeding her to much. every body else is doing fine. i feed them all they can eat in 10 min, 3 times a day. beef haert and blood worms. any suggestions thanks

BOTH
    when she eats too much it blocks the passage to her swim bladder so it cannot adjust to help her rise or sink.

Feed her less and try a soft mushed green pea or green bean.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

thanks PP ur a god

Comment

well i did the pea thing and ive bearly been feeding her and she still sinks, i took all but about three inches of the water out. so she wouldnt have swim far for air. what can i do. shes a musturd gas hm.

Comment

The best cure for swim bladder problems is adding epsom salt to the tank. It works wonders! Just use one teaspoon per 5 gallons.
          Merritt Adkins
          Science Adviser/Marine Biologist

Got a question? Ask A Marine Biologist!

Check these cool sites out!
          Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
          The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

Comment

Working...
          X