kens flake fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kens flake fish?

Just received my order of kensflake food and boy is it sure a hell of lot cheaper than buying from the store. Anyways how are you fellow kensflake food peeps breaking up the flakes. They come in large sheets, also how are you folks storing it once open.

Thanks.
    oh that........ thats just my 300 gallon fish tank, nothing fancy.

Re: kens flake fish?

whats the website name?

Comment

Home of quality tropical fish food and pet supplies.

if im not mistaken. 1lb of flake for like 8 bucks. good stuff from what i have heard from the flake communtiy. Flakes come in larges sheets, just wondering do i just break of small peices or chop it up with like a blade or something.

Comment

Mine came in smashed to almost dust. Its only good for fry food.

Comment

I have a half dozenwide mouth quart size plastic jars. (Miracle Whip)  They hold about 8 oz of flake food each.
          I cut one corner off the 1/2# bag, crush the bag by hand and pour into 2 jars.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I use my old flake containers and seal the bag the best I can and store in a file cabinet. I just break the flake into smaller pieces with my hand. I use the small stuff for fry. I usually have alot of his cichlid sticks mixed in with the flake as well. Great food my fish really like it.

Comment

I use old cold-cut tupperware. I like feeding the large flakes to my fish. They will grab the flake and swim away with it as they try to eat it, and like a blanket it in the wind it will cover their face. Sometimes two trophs will get into a tug of war with a large flake as well. It makes for great entertainment!

I'm feeding the Veggie Flake and the Pure Spirulina Flake.
              Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

yea i found that a large rubbermaid conainer work pretty good for it. Keeps it so far air tight, and hold alls the flakes.  The flake are easy enough to pull out an sheet and break over the tank for desired flake size. So far they seem to love it. I order two pounds so they came in pretty good shape. I think i will make next order some pure spirulina to mix with the veggie flake, thanks for the insight all.

they ate it so well it never made it to the ground.

Comment

Hmmm...I have ordered severl times, and get the special Tropical flake. It comes not powdered, not in sheets, just sorta regular size. After a while there is a level of small almost powdered flake on the bottom, I mix it with the liver fry flake and feed my smallest fish with it.
                  I don't have but 1 Cichlid, and it doesn't like Cichlid pellets; it does the Jaws thing on the Tropical flake.
                  My Angels can't get enough of the STF, and when I feed them their heads are outa the water to their eyes gulping their food.
                  I feed them a good bit, they seem to be hungry critters.
                  Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

have been feedin now for for a couple of days the trophs seem to love it. The are still getting accustomed to it so i am feeding little by little. Fighting bloat is like fighting cancer.

Comment

Working...
                    X