Looking to breed in a 55...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to breed in a 55...

I'm cosidering getting a 55 for chrsitmas  :)  And I'm wanting to breed some fish to help pay for the saltwater aquarium that's eating my money...I was wondering if anyone knew some good suggestions for a standard 55. It will most likely be a species only tank, that or 1/2 trios and some added fish...

Looking to do mbuna, but open to tangs too...

Any ideas?

Links to pics of each would be awesome! :wink:
    Currently fishless, but a proud mama to a musk turtle hatchling.

Re: Looking to breed in a 55...

Pseudotropheus demasoni

I would get like 20 of them.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Black & White Guppies  
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I have heard that for breeding, I could house three trios in a 55, is this true? Any recommendations?

No thanks on the demasoni, I have one, and he's so evil, he never leaves my fish alone...

Haha, I'm not up to having 500 guppies in 2 days... :wink:
        Currently fishless, but a proud mama to a musk turtle hatchling.

Comment

demasoni are mean.....that's why you got to get like 20 of them.

You could go tang......maybe some shellies?
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Most people here will tell you the same thing: "You aren't going to make money by breeding fish". Sure, it may help pay some of the expenses... but if you are planning on making money, you will be sorely disappointed. If you want to do something that will help pay for your saltwater aquarium, consider adding a part time job.
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by armthehomeless";p="
              Most people here will tell you the same thing: "You aren't going to make money by breeding fish". Sure, it may help pay some of the expenses... but if you are planning on making money, you will be sorely disappointed. If you want to do something that will help pay for your saltwater aquarium, consider adding a part time job.
              +1

Keeping fishes is a hobby. by design hobbies are not intended to make a profit.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I second the part tme job....

When I did my reef tank I had to stay late ad actually do work to pay for all the goodies... now that I gave it up I don't have to work as much.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                X