Need Advice !!! Tilapia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice !!! Tilapia

To start I didn't even know what a "live" Tilapia looked like but I do now.    

Purchased some pond fish that the new owners were very unaware of what all was swimming w/ thier Koi.    It was almost dark so we netted all as any left behind were going to the "kitty" for breakfast.   To the owners credit -- they have only had the home 6mo. / the pond & fish came w/ home / kept fish in good condition even thru storm / knew it was not the hobby for them.

Well, reseaching & comparing pics says besides some very beautiful Koi & Goldfish are 4 x adult & 6 x juv Tilapia.  8O

What do I do w/ them ??   They can not stay in this container much longer but being exotic & invasive I will not release into waterways.   They were obviously reproducing in this backyard Koi pond.    I DO NOT want them.    Ideas welcome.
    Takers more welcome.
    "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
    "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
    -Dead Man's Chest

Re: Need Advice !!! Tilapia

Kind euthanasia, or use them as feeders?
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

What species of Tilapia?
      Charles Jones
      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

can you get pics of them V?

Comment

it's probally me who can't post pic but can email to you if you like.   of course , they are not real happy in that giant cooler.

Nick - little guys probally would be good feeders - I don't have anything to feed them too.   Adults are like 8"
          -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

pm jughead...he's more toward your side of town and might be interested...he needs more fish
            Charles Jones
            http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

dinner!

Comment

Do I need to drop them at your place?         You have kittys too.      8O
                -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Jughead needs more fish?

Don't whether to take that sarcastically or seriously being that you two know each other and I have been to jughead's place.....
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Just the guy I was lookin for.   THUMP  THUMP  
                    -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

I think the State says you're supposed to gut and gill them, but I don't have my little book around to double check.
                      So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

the state says i should gut and gill certain fish,but cant gut and gill annoying people.whats up with that.

Comment

NOT ME !!    
                          Trying to do the right thing here.   Will not release them but not into the whole waste thing.   At least want them used to some kind of good - even kitty food.  

If that's the deal I might can get my brother to do it and cook em too if he wants.    Bet I don't forget what a live one looks like now.    All I ever saw were already cooked     and yes they were good .    

Wow, hate to "freeze" one when it has to be done.  
                          -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Working...
                          X