Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to show ya

My favorite planted tank
    There is no rhyme or reason or organization to my tank except my fish love it.

5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: Just to show ya

Nice.   :)
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

thank you
      I need to take a better pic to give a better angle... but half is flourite and half is ugly multicolored gravel.  I have probably 20 different types of plants and albino cories, orange and black swords, black lyretails, sailfins, my clown plecos, ghost shrimp, cherry shrimp and 4 different shrimp that I don't know what they are and were too small for me to clearly identify lol.  They are growing and I see them occassionally.
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

it looks nice Reba.....i like it too....

Comment

really....
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

That's an interesting substrate choice, Reba. The plants look healthy.

Mark
            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

i often find a mix of different substrates keeps lots of plants happy. but i love the look of that tank. i will have to post a pic of my gritty 20 high, i use it mostly as a fry grow out tank and it has a few of my natives in it, but it is just filled in with too many plants in randomly.
              Never fear I is here
              David Abeles
              Vice President
              Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

This is the tank that if I have a plant getting torn up in another tank, I toss it in and POOF it magically grows.  I grew moss on the prefilter.  It was great.  If you look closely, I have like 50 baby mollies lol swimming throughout the tank as well as everything else.  I do not syphon, I have a filter for like a 40 gal tank on it....some air bubbles, and happy plants and fish.
                / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                X