Compatiable....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatiable....?

I have a 20g set up for my wife with a few Neon, Glolight and Black Tetra's....She wants a Betta...will they all get along? I also plan to add some red cherry shrimp at some point.....thanks....Brad
    A mouth will say anything....:ym_chatterbox:....Take a picture!!!!

Re: Compatiable....?

as long as the betta is only one.....don't put more than one in there or they will kill one another.....but i had a betta in the tank with my tetras and they got along just fine.....

Comment

A single male or a small group of females should do well with small tetras.
      Be aware that Bettas are carnivores and require high protein food.   They do like live food.
      I would think that baby cherry red shrimp would be just too much for a betta to pass up.  
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by fishlady";p="
        as long as the betta is only one.....don't put more than one in there or they will kill one another.....but i had a betta in the tank with my tetras and they got along just fine.....
        I've had Betta's in the past and know all about their attitudes towards another male....even their own reflextion will get 'em fired up  But I have never tried to put them in with other fish. So I'll give it a go.

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
        A single male or a small group of females should do well with small tetras.
        Be aware that Bettas are carnivores and require high protein food.   They do like live food.
        I would think that baby cherry red shrimp would be just too much for a betta to pass up.  
        Would the adults shrimp still be in danger?

Comment

Shrimp should be ok if you have some places for them to hide or escape to.
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002";p="
            Shrimp should be ok if you have some places for them to hide or escape to.
            I have fake grass in there right now, but nowhere near enough. I'm wanting to go with some tall live grass or something similar and fill it up a bit. Give all the fish plenty of hiding and make them really stand out.

Comment

What kind of substrate is going in the tank?
              Raul
              PokerFace

Comment

You could always go with Moss.  If you are using a HOB filter, I'd tie a net over the intake to prevent pieces of Moss clogging up the filter.
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002";p="
                  What kind of substrate is going in the tank?
                  Don't really know just yet.... I have a thread going now about plants   http://houstonfishbox.com/modules.ph...ewtopic&t=7067 and can use all the advise I can get.

Comment

I tried putting shrimp in my betta's container - they always killed them.  They didn't eat them, but they were always dead within 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X