store name in near conroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• store name in near conroe

Does anybody know the name of the store near conroe..not Utimate fish because they use to be locate on Kuykendahl?..all I remember was that it was located in stand alone building not s strip mall and the building was white...

Re: store name in near conroe

Fish R Us if memory serves.

Comment

thanks..I think it is Fish r us...are they still in business?

Comment

I'm pretty sure, I haven't been out that way in awhile.  I'm sure there would have been something come across the grid here if they went out of business.

Comment

I don't think it would be a shame if they did go out of business
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Howdy,

They are still in business, was there a couple weeks ago.  Believe they are on 242.  The livebearers were not in to good of shape.  Some of the other fish looked much better.  later, ken

Comment

tempting....but I'll leave this one alone.....

CF
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

there prices are high and the owner will not deal at all. His customer service is bad
                Have a great day and a better tomorrow

Comment

believe it or not this guy has a strong customer base

place is always packed, more so since there are no places out in that neck of the woods

most of his stock is overpriced, but with gas prices nowadays

not that bad considering

dont think he will go out of business any time soon

many fishkeepers in those neck of the woods, and he brings in stuff other stores dont even mess with

a lot of saltwater items as well

great store in that respect

people dont have to come in to town, looking for great deals

probably evens out, paying more at the store, but saving on gas

like the variety in there

has some great deals on tanks every now and then

Comment

Well since this is in the retailer's feedback area...

Lots of Cypho/Frontosa Variants but some a mislabled, lots of tanks had very poor quality specimens, some tanks had crossbreeds but not labled as such....ridiculously overpriced.

They carry lots of tattooed/dyed fish ( I really don't care much about this but they seem to have more then what would be "forced" on them)

Saltwater fish is nice but the corals are not so great and again way overpriced.

Customer service is not something they believe in or at least they make me think it's like so.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yeah, I went there about 2 1/2 yrs ago and hasn't there since due to the customer service...IMO if they don't care if people buy their products then why should I support their business...

Now with other members' experience, I will definitely not come back...too many other lfs I can spend money on.

I, first, brought up the topic because I was curious if they are still in business.

Comment

Ditto what Semper said....

I live 15 minutes from there and go by every now and then. They have always been courteous & helpful with me. Yeah, he is expensive, but spending a fortune on gas just to go look at a few stores (City Pets is about 50 miles or $16 roundtrip in gas + tolls away) is expensive too. Dry goods and equipment I buy online cuz he is overpriced on most things but he does have a Fluval FX5 for $299, same price I saw online. Fishwise, some things I hadn't seen other places, and some exotic (for me anyway) freshwater fish.

Next closest to me is Ultimate Fish....nice fish/selection, but poor customer service both times I went...

Any other stores up north that I don't know about?
                        215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
                        180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
                        58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

I've been in there a couple of times and it's always been a good experience.  

I have to agree with everyone else that they are pretty expensive, but a few years ago when I was looking for Giraffe Cats, they were the only ones who were going to be getting any in.  

I emailed them and got a response back right away telling me that they get them in, but were out and would email me when they got more.  A couple days later, he emailed me to tell me they had some in.  

Also, when I was really starting to get interested in Frontosa, the really tall guy with the accent (I don't remember his name) spent a lot of time talking to me about diet, different variants, breeding....I was pleased with the service.

Maybe things have changed because it's been a couple of years since I've been there, but my prior experiences were positive.
                          Our Fishhouse
                          Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

I think experiences there are really hit or miss from what I have seen.  If you deal with the younger kids that are in there, it's usually a miss.  But if you deal with Jason or the other older guy, they are a wealth of information.  Yes their prices are quite high, but then again whose retail prices aren't when it comes to most of the things besides your bread and butter fish.  I think most everyone on this forum is used to finding whatever they are looking for almost solely on this forum for a price that is usually well below retail and we sometimes get spoiled by that.  I know that I have been guilty of that before, like when a store owner says that they want $75 for a supposed breeding trio of 3" fish and you are like..."HOLEY CRAP THAT'S EXPENSIVE".  Then we immediately run home and throw a WTB thread in the Fish Market to see where we can find it cheaper or if someone on here actually has what you are looking for.

My two pennies worth.

Comment

I have paid retail and also have seen what wholesale prices....factor in overhead/profits and some people are making a killing.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X