Ameca Splendens: Breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ameca Splendens: Breeding

I'm trying to breed my Ameca Splendens, without success. Has any one breed them? With what parameters? Also can any one find a picture of a pregnant female.

Re: Ameca Splendens: Breeding

I have no experience with them, but here is a picture of a female actually giving birth:

Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Nick is my Ameca Splendens source-of-all-knowledge, he keeps a few and knows how they like to be treated. :)
      Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

i know the secret,but will only give that info to hla members in good standing

Comment

Big help jughead. You shouldn't bother posting junk like this. Also, doubt you know anything that some else doesn't. Have you even ever breed them anyways?

Greg: Thanks, I'll PM him.

Arm: I don't see the pic/link. Could you please repost?

Comment

I have no problems breeding them. Their spawn are large enough to left with the parents. I understand that they like hard, alkaline water, so I use coral gravel and shells as a substrate and I add a tsp of salt per 10 gallons of water.. Feed them mostly vegetable/algae based foods. Their favorite treat are marine algae sheets. To save some $, instead of buying the overpriced sheets at the LFS, buy the seaweed sushi wraps at Walmart of Fiesta. Just make sure the only ingredient is roasted seaweed. Avoid those that are labeled "seasoned seaweed". You'll pay $1.99 instead of 6.99 for the same amount.
            DO NOT try to replicate their current "natural" environment, otherwise you'll be adding beer cans and detergent to their water! 8O
            PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

i know alot of stuff nobody else knows.i know i was gonna give you some for free to spice up your group,but only if you work on you cents of humor.if you want them let me know.thanks,rob

Comment

and you have to say you are sorry for calling my post junk.seriously,if you are coming to the hla thing at the end of the month,i'll bring you the 6 or so juvis i have left.i shouldnt be so rude.good luck with your project.rob.

Comment

ed,please accept my apology for anything i have posted that offended you.that was not my intent.i should have kept my mouth shut.thanks,rob

Comment

Jughead: No hard feelings. I was planning to join HLA and go to the meeting/mini auction. I guess I'll see you there. When I ask a question I would expect people to answer, not just say that they knew the answer. Junk was harsh. Do you want to swap your Splendens juvies for my Xenotoca eiseni juvies? I'd rather buy or trade than just take.

Nick: Thanks. I'll give that all a try. Except for the salt [they are in a planted tank]. I may have been screwing up my feeding, been giving them lots of blood worms. I have a lot of sushi seaweed at my house.

Comment

whatever you want to do is fine with me.thanks,rob

Comment

Working...
                      X