male female questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• male female questions

hey i have a 5 gallon and a 3 gallon desk tanks.  can i put a male and female together in each one or will they kill each other?  if so anyone got a couple.  i need well want a male and a female.

Re: male female questions

They will kill each other.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

What kind of fish r they?
      Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
      Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
      Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

uh  BETTAS since there in the betta forum. lol.   then how do you get them to breed?

Comment

They were kept together only for the short time to breed.

both were in a 10g and the male built his nest while the female stayed inside a storm glass tube just to entice the male.
          When it was done they were released but closely watched and when done the female is removed.
          Kept together the male will constantly harass the female to death.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i know nothing about bettas.i have 1 betta book,know your bettas by dr.gene lucas.pretty sure he is-was a betta guru.a quote from the breeding section,"neither the size of the breeding tank nor the water depth appears to be critical.i have successfully raised spawns in water depths ranging from 1-16 inches.most breeders use a 3 to 5 gallon tank".the way he did it,put the male in the tank,put the female in a jar inside the tank.when the male starts building the bubble nest ,you're on the way.good luck.

Comment

I have seen it done in flower pots that were small but with a larger tank the water quality and prameters are more stable for the fry....just my opinion on the experience and honestly a 10g is about half the cost of either 3g or 5g.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                honestly a 10g is about half the cost of either 3g or 5g.
                Funny how that works.
                Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

10's are made by a machine.tanks smaller than 10 are made by hand.

Comment

well they need to start machine stampin out 210's lol thanks guys.

Comment

I have two tanks that contain both a male and female.  One is a heavily planted 20gal and the other is 30 gal tank with broken pots and a few plants + some albino cories.  I have seen no issues between the pairs.  Occassionally the male will flare at the female but she stares him down and he swims away.  I guess what I am saying is... it can be done.. but then again I have several tanks that aren't supposed to work out  
                      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                      20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                      29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                      29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                      55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                      75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

nice. lol. thanks

Comment

They will kill each other.

Comment

lol...um... my mollies killed the male.  Strange how that happened...
                            5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                            20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                            29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                            29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                            29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                            55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                            75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                            / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                            X