This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Mollies, Guppies or Platys

Doesnt matter what colour or type just something that breeds like a guppy. Fry WILL be used as feeders, so im not misrepresenting my intentions. I promise not to feed the adults (unless you dont mind).

Prefer someone close to me. Porter/Humble area. Free would be great, i do have a couple of airpumps i could trade, maybe some red cherry shrimp.

Re: Wanted: Mollies, Guppies or Platys

Mrs. Guppy just had her first batch. They are about a week old and so far everyone of them has made it. Oh wait, "feeders"? Never mind, I could not do the babies like that! They are my first batch so I am sure you understand. Kind of like my grandfishies!
    You will never know the true feeling of being loved until you feel it from your child.

Comment

I understand. Hopefully theres someone that has culls or too many babies to house.

Comment

I have babies coming out of the wah-hoo but they are all in my 160 gallon.  :(  I would need some time to catch them. Also I might have a pair of breeders for you but again I need time to catch them. Do you have a wet suit I can use?  I am planning to thin out a few fish in my 160 but it may take me a month or so to catch the little speeders. If you are still intrested by then, after I get them caught I'll meet you one day in Houston. Just let me know. I have to tell you, they are breeding like rabbits!!!
        A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

brown snout im in clear lake but i can offer my new batch of fancy guppies fry to you, would only like a few cherry shrimp in return
          Michael
          Clear Lake, TX

Comment

Originally posted by edmlfc";p="
            I have babies coming out of the wah-hoo but they are all in my 160 gallon.  :(  I would need some time to catch them. Also I might have a pair of breeders for you but again I need time to catch them. Do you have a wet suit I can use?  I am planning to thin out a few fish in my 160 but it may take me a month or so to catch the little speeders. If you are still intrested by then, after I get them caught I'll meet you one day in Houston. Just let me know. I have to tell you, they are breeding like rabbits!!!
            just build a fish trap from a soda bottle!

Comment

Great idea but most of my babies hide in the rock. I'll give it a try anyway and see if it works. Thanks for the advise. It sure would make things eaiser if it worked.  
              A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Thanks for the offers guys but i think ive found some. I wont say who incase they dont want you to know theyre suppling their fish as feeders. Thanks Spot86t.

:P

Comment

lol we all know that bigger fish eat smaller fish. but what are you using them to feed is what im curious about. because most people i know use convicts to breed feeders. and that could give u variety too, just a thought
                  Never fear I is here
                  David Abeles
                  Vice President
                  Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Well we bought a small Fahaka, and wanted lots of small feeders. It wouldnt be right to put a regular feeder in with him, he wouldnt kill it quickly and it would suffer. With baby guppies he can eat the whole thing. I wanted to try some convicts, but didnt want to pay $10 to try when guppies are usually free. Guppies dont beat the crap out of each other either.

Comment

Try breeding MTS snails in another aquarium. It works for mine. Also they don HAVE to have live food all the time. Mine will eat shrimp pellets, frozen shrimp, frozen fish, frozen squid, frozen clams, and dry shrimp and krill.
                      PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

My fahaka liked shrimp pellets too!
                        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I know they dont HAVE to, but they enjoy it more than the frozen shrimp or freezedried krill. I feed mine a pretty varied diet, its just nice to have some baby guppies for the small fahaka to hunt.

I have a bucket that im collecting snails into to use as food. Theyre the ramshorn and pond snails.

Comment

Working...
                          X