Betta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betta

So everyone at my work has a betta on their desk. One of my co-workers Betta has something affecting it that I need help with. The bettas chest is severly swollen and has a blue spot on the rear side of the fish. One of my other co-workers looked it up online and thinks it might be droopsy. What do you all think?
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Re: Betta

What do you mean by a blue spot? And the chest...do you mean the area in front of the pectoral fins? On the bottom?

If it is dropsy, the scales will be sticking out and the fish will look very bloated.

:(  Sorry about your co-worker's betta.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Forgot to ask, what is the betta living in? Is it a little tank, or just a bowl? With any kind of problem, it's always a good idea to do a water change.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Because Bettas normally are housed in smallish containers and so many things can go wrong with the water and cause stress and because a stressed betta has a weaker immune system,..... the number 1 treatment for any problem is "change the water".   The worse he looks, the more often you should change the water.  # 2) Also because they are usually pretty far gone before the problem is noticed, it is a good idea to build a first aid kit for emergencies rather than wait till the next time your at the LFS.  And #3)  because the container is small, it is real easy to overdose the meds and many chemical overdoses will kill the fish faster than the disease you are trying to cure, so read and understand the directions.

Build a first aid kit and add these links to favorites

fish diseases

fish treatment
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I think it is surely droopy from looking at the pics in your attachment PP. Poor fish
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

hey darbex did the fish make it?....

Comment

Working...
            X