guppy fry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guppy fry

My guppy had fry about 1-2 weeks ago and they are all in a 10G fry tank.  I want to move them back to the main tank but was wondering if they are large enough yet (I don't want them to get eaten).  The tank has guppies and white clouds.
    58G Malawis
    10G planted

Re: guppy fry

How large are they, approximately? I know 1-2 weeks old, but water parameters and other factors can influence how quickly they grow.  :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I would give them another 2 weeks.  At about a month my fry are big enough to not get eaten.  If it fits in there mouth, they will eat them.  It depends on tank space too.  I use to keep fry in the main tank and there was enough cover that they could survive.  

If you want to swap later I got some fry that are yellow with the blue dots and the males have been showing some nice reds in the tailfin too.

Comment

I think they are too small still
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I think you should wait another week or so, but still make sure there are plenty of places for them to hide. I've had fry that I thought were too big to get eaten just randomly disappear...  8O

Comment

yes patience is a virtue, better to err on the side of caution then lose too many babies.
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President
            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I shall wait...I was planning on using that tank for something new but I suppose I could wait another few weeks.
              58G Malawis
              10G planted

Comment

How are they?

Comment

You may want to wait.

Comment

Working...
                  X