X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to post....and can I?

** URL fixed **  <sorry guys>
    Hi,

Before I just go and post this I wanted to make sure I'm not breaking any rules, and also where to post.  I do the website for www.fish-n-petsunl.com and thought this would be a good place to ask fellow fishlovers what they would most like to see on the site.  More gallery?  More pricing?  Sale items?  You know...what would make it a site they would want to visit?

Thanks!
    Traci
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Re: Where to post....and can I?

Well, first off, a link that actually works might help. Once we have that we will hopefully understand better what it is you are asking, because right now, I don't have a clue.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Link didn't work for me either.

Sorry.

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

Easy there tiger.....don't bite the poor girl's head off....LOL.  But Scott is right, your link doesn't work.

Pricing is usually the first thing I look for in a site.  I don't want to have to call or contact someone for a price on something.  Nine times out of ten, they don't return the call or email when asking for a price.

Comment

Very sorry.  I was trying to type and talk to a coworker at the same time.  I left off an s.  
          It's http://www.fish-n-petsunl.com/

Basically, I want to post in a forum (not sure which one) requesting information from fellow fish people on what they would like to see on a fish store website.  I know I've gone to some sites and been disappointed by the lack of detail and information on the site.  I wanted to make sure I'm not doing the same with Fish N Pets Unlimited's website.

Make more sense?

Thanks again!
          Traci
          Our Fishhouse

Comment

Equipment current pricing & weekly specials
            parts list w/ pricing
            DIY articals w/ links to parts

Fish - Updated stock lists w/ color pictures, size
            Fish compatability chart w/ max size, aggression. water pH & hardness
            Plants - Updated stock lists w/ color pictures, size

shipping cost calculator
            return policy

store hours
            hotline phone number
            Location w/ map
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

It sounds like to me you just need to consult with the administrator, however, I see nothing wrong with posting your "ad" if you will in the lounge. I feel just about anything under the sun, not directly relating to fish or tanks would be acceptable in there???

One way or another you would find out for sure..... :)

CF

YEAH....what he said.....i ditto it
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

PhishFreak and Hanson77 - Thank you for the feedback.  I'm going to work on getting as much of your suggestions on the site as I can.

But, just to be clear, just so there are no misunderstandings, this wasn't an 'ad'.  I don't work for the fish store.  I do the website on a voluntary basis because I enjoy it and I really like the owners.  They are good people.  I go in a couple times a week for food and feeders and misc items just like the next person.  I'm totally addicted to fish and computers, so it just works out well that I can do this for them.  

I really hope no one thinks this was a cheap ploy to advertise.  I'm not making any money on this deal, I really just figured this would be the best place to get honest feedback from people who really know what they want.

Thanks and I'll be watching for anymore feedback if anyone wants to offer anything else.  I'm always open for suggestions and improvement.

Traci
                Our Fishhouse

Comment

Don't mind me, I just call em as I see em... :) Personally, I have no objections to advertising, it's a good thing, especially if your promoting a good product and or service. Since you feel so strongly about the folks you are "promoting" there is nothing wrong with speaking your mind. It is still america for the time being, and we still have the right to speak our minds, for the time being.

I'll have to drop in there sometime soon.

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Fair enough!   Thanks for the help.  See ya around the boards!

Traci
                    Our Fishhouse

Comment

It's a pretty decent store.  They have a good selection of tanks and dry goods.  Their fish selection is a little small mainly bread and butter, but they also have saltwater which I'm not interested in as well.  They do have two large pond style tanks set up with everyone's extra large fish that won't fit in an aquarium anymore.

As for the site itself, I think PhishPhreek hit the nail on the head.  As long as a site is up to date....it goes miles in my book.  It's when folks put out a website out on the world wide web and don't keep it up to date that burns most of us up.  Current fish selection is another key.  This is always fluctuating so it's kinda tough but if a store could put the things that they may have on their next order or something like that, it might help.

Comment

I too would suggest contacting the site administrator as to posting something that could be interpreted as a commercial advertisement.  I do know there are some retail site sponsors as you may have noticed on the home page.

In the photo gallery, nice as it is, my personal preference would be to have the link to the larger images open in a separate window, just my preference.

In your freshwater fish section I only see cichlids, do you have other species as well?  If so, you might want to expand you photo array to include them.  You have a very short amount of time to capture a browser’s attention and hold it and need to highlight as many of your products as possible in that short time frame.

I like to see prices as well, and possibly a current list of available fish (with prices) and a notice of any fishes soon to arrive.
                        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Wonderful feedback!  Looks like I'm going to be busy!  Thank you thank you thank you!
                          Our Fishhouse

Comment

Good luck, let us know how it's going  
                            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I dont think its a good idea to offer financing fish on this site.

I think some of us are bad enough without getting a line of credit to indulge/

Comment

Working...
                              X