DIY Sponge Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY Sponge Filters

last dumb question.  if get a filter on a pipe going,  does the end of the pipe need to be underwater or outside the water.  if im understanding the concept of a sponge filter, which im not sure i am but....    if i take a piece of tubing,  attach a sponge to the end of it, stick an airstone down the tubing to where it is inside the sponge,  that will create enough suction to filter out the mess.  if so, then does that tube need to be fully submerged or stickin outta the water? im sorry about the dumb question but i have never seen one in the works, and im curious cause i wanna try it and i read all yall sayin there great.   and another thing what kinda airpower i need for say a 10 gallon??

Comment

MS PAINT

Comment

nice.  got is.  thanks. fully understand for sure.  lol.  yall are great.  what kinda airflow i need for say a 10g wit fry?

Comment

Hey, if you are making one yourself...it more than likely will want to float.  You can silicone the bottom of the sponge to a piece of tile or something to weight it down.

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

You just have to squeeze the hell out of the sponge underwater. :P

You could also use a heater suction cup to hold the tube and sponge in place. I just place the sponge on the end of a 10 gallon filter. Works great.

Comment

yeah. thanks.   i appreciate it guys.

Comment

Working...
              X