101 uses for pantyhose (in the fish room) :twisted:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101 uses for pantyhose (in the fish room) :twisted:

For quite some time I've been joking about the 101 uses for pantyhose in the fish room.  I've finally decided to collect them all and print a flyer or put them on a web page.   So Please contribute.

No. 01 - use the foot from an old pair of pantyhose as a bag to hold activated carbon in your filter system.  When the carbon needs to be replaced or removed while administering meds, just grab the bag of carbon.

No. 02 - wrap a piece of pantyhose around the end of your syphon and attach with a rubber band.  This will keep your fish from being sucked into the syphon.

No. 03 - wrap a piece of pantyhose around the inlet to your filter and keep the filter from sucking in your fry.

No. 04 - wrap a piece of pantyhose around the opening of your cultures to keep the fruit flys out.

No. 05 - wrap a piece of pantyhose around the outlet from your UG filter to keep your fish from hiding under the filter.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: 101 uses for pantyhose (in the fish room)

No. 06 - Wrap a piece of pantyhose around the outlet of your siphon so that all of the sand that you pick up off the bottom doesn't go down the drain in your sink.

Comment

No. 07 - rubberband a piece around the top of a sponge filter tube  to keep both baby longfin bristlenoses and nosey little petricola catfishies out of it (where they get stuck and scraped up on airstones :( !)
      The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
      Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

No. 8  ~4 'legs' wrapped across head/mouth of significant other and tied in a strong knot in back muffles eliminates restrictive orders regarding the acquisition of additional tanks and/or tank inhabitants.  Also works on tying same sig-other's hands together to prevent removal of above.
        The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
        Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

:dance:
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

use the foot part to hold several handfuls of seeded gravel to put in a new filter to get the cycle going.
            58G Malawis
            10G planted

Comment

No.10 cover your container of mosqueto larva between feedings with pantyhose to keep the hatched mosquetoes from escaping.
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

it's cheaper to buy a pack of knee-high hose. like 6 pair for $3.99.
                i like to use the little plastic mesh sacks that lemons & cherry tomatoes come in for the end of my siphon & endtake tube.
                good ideas. thx.

Comment

11. Pack shagnum peat to add to canister filter as water softener.

Comment

12. Put crushed coral in panty hose and throw in the bottom of your wet/dry to buffer the water.
                    125G: Mikula Frontosas
                    75G: Mbuna Cichlids, Jack Dempsey

Comment

Does crush coral really buffer that much?

Comment

Working...
                      X