This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBU Puffer

Anyone know where in Houston can I get a baby MBU Puffer?  I heard from a neighbor they had some kinda puffer at Petsmart off 290 in Cypress but I havent been yet.   Does anyone konw where i can get a baby???

Re: MBU Puffer

They had one at Tropical Fish Depot off of Alameda last week. I don't know if it was a baby though. It was about 5"-6" long.

Comment

usually Mike at Fish Ranch II by Sharpstown Mall has them..........they are expensive.

they have a huge one...........12"+ over at Fish Gallery for $800 I think.
      180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

how much do small babys run???

Comment

Mbu puffers will not be at any petsmart. Most babies that I have seen run ~$100
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Alex at Ultimate Fish in Spring gets them from time to time, that's where I bought mine. About $100-125. Remeber these fish grow extremely fast, have fin nipping habits and will only eat frozen shrimp or live crayfish/crawfish. Ask me how I know...

Comment

yeah i been doin my research.  i stoped at Ultimate Fish today in spring.  Asked him about it.  said he got a waiting list for them.  How bad habits do they have.  Can u put them with some african cichlids???

Comment

I have one whos about 10inches now. here is now much it grew in about 6 months or less

I have guppies and other assorted cheap fish in there and they have done just fine together. i've seen pictures of discus with puffer sized chunks taken out

the only puffers petsmart has are dwarf puffers, the opposite end of the puffer scale. They are alot more lively and easier to care for. You can figure on about 450 gallons for a full grown puffer MIN. thats 6feet x 3feet x 3feet, give or take.

Mine is about 10 inches and i have someone intersted in buying it, if you are interested let me know. unless I get lucky shortly and find a BIG tank for cheap I'm going to have to find Popeye a new home.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                n

Comment

J-WS6 - No snails?
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

the puffer at petsmart probably isnt a mbu.. ive started noticing a lot of these little puffers showing up at a lot of the fish stores, but theyre not mbu.. theyre some kind of green spotted puffer.  i think i saw them for 2.99 at about 2inches or so.

Comment

Petco and walmart will carry green spotted puffers, Petsmart only carries dwarf.

green spotted and figure 8s are aggressive! they also need to be brackish to full marine. Dwarf and MBU are totally freshwater.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                      n

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
                        J-WS6 - No snails?
                        though others have had success with these, mine never really took interest in them. I guess I had spoiled mine with crayfish...

Comment

Every time I have been to Fish R Us they have had quite a few from babies to a huge one they keep up front. Haven't been there in a while, but you might want to search the forum for Fish R Us before you try them. They seem to have quite a few unhappy customers.
                          Brian

Comment

where is fish r us??

Comment

It's on our LFS map...check out the "Points of Interest" category.  :)
                              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                              X