Do you feed betta's while spawning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you feed betta's while spawning?

I am following all the directions for spawning my pair of betta's but I can't find anywhere if I am supposed to feed the pair while they are together.

thanks!

Terri

Re: Do you feed betta's while spawning?

Most breeders do not feed the adults while they are spawning which is  one of the reasons for "conditioning" (feeding themn all they can eat)
    them for a couple of weeks before attempting to spawn them.

If you read the information on cycling a tank and compare it with fry growth, you will see

water quality
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I'll look at the link.  I did condition them for the past 3 weeks, both are fat and look great.  He made a great bubble nest last night so I'm hoping for a good spawn.  He's wrapping himself around her now.  

thanks for the quick reply!

Terri

Comment

Congrats on the new spawn!

Whether to feed during "courtship" really varies from breeder to breeder.
        Personally i do feed them, but then again i usually have an established filter bubbling VERY slowly plus my breeding tank is usually stuffed with fast growing stem plants like hornwort in order to keep nutrient and nitrogen (in it's various forms) down.
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
        X