Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Moving to Houston!

Hi Guys!

I've been lurking.. so I thought i better drop a note to say HI!!
    I've been browsing this forum for the past hour or so... an i gotta say... this is a pretty cool!
    Next week, I'll be moving to Houston from New Orleans because of a job reassignement  and i thought i better get a head start with doing a little online research on the aquarist scene in there. So i'm not only new to this forum, but will be new to Houston as well.

I come from a discus background but unfotunately i lost all of them in the hurricane 2 years ago. I started up with 6 wild discus after the hurricane, but never really bred them like i used to before the storm.
    Currently, i'm concentrating on breeding Betta Macrostoma and various dwarf freshwater shrimp. It's gonna be interesting to see how I am going to get all my fish and equipment over to houston intact.

Anyway.. just wanted to say Hi! I'm moving to the the Galleria (?) area. I tried to do a forum search on LFS's in the area and didn't seem to come up with much. Maybe we should get a list houston LFS area started? May be helpful for the noobs like me.

Lookin fwd to be a part of the Houston Aquarist family!

Cheers!
    Marc Wong
    www.ventralfins.com

Re: I'm Moving to Houston!

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

The black+ blue tacks are fish stores.

Welcome to the Box!

Comment

Welcome to the box Marc!

There are tons of LFS in houston and plenty that are GradeA! from the sounds of it Houston is the place to be for you! There is DiscusDan down south which has tons of gorgeous Discus, Shrimp is all over Houston right now, and there is PhishPhreak that is doing the betta thing!

Galleria area is pretty much central to all the good LFS In my opinion and where most of the traffic starts.

Check the announcement section for a list of LFS.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsnoutuk";p="
        http://houstonfishbox.com/modules.php?name=EVO_Map&op=location

The black+ blue tacks are fish stores.

Welcome to the Box!
        ooo.. that's a pretty cool tool!
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Please zoom in on NO and add your favorite fish stores in case any of us happen to be passing through.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Your gonna love all the fish stores in Houston!! and of course all the cool things going on with the fish hobby. One thing I miss about Houston.

Comment

Don't know if you saw this, but we have a thread, also.

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

Welcome to HFB!  
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Don't know if you saw this, but we have a thread, also.

http://houstonfishbox.com/modules.ph...iewtopic&t=325
                yeah.. i was searching for something like this. Thanks!

Marc
                www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
                X