NEED INFO ON R.O./D.I. INSTALLATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED INFO ON R.O./D.I. INSTALLATION

Hello, Next month I am going to try to install a R.O./D.I. unit but only have a general idea on how to do it. I am looking at the Kent Marine 60GPD 4 stage.
    I am currently using Krogers drinking water, 6gals to 1gal tap water to maintain an average ph of 7.1- 7.4 and want to simplify water changes.
    The set up  I am planning is hooking it to the water supply at the washer hook up, running the discharge to a storage tank in my garage about 5-6 ft. away. I have 58lbs water pressure. I am planning to look at a plastic storage tank from a farm supply house. Questions I have are:
    1. With 58lbs water pressure it looks like I may not have to have a pump prior to the unit, any opinions?
    2. I will have to get the water from the storage tank to the aquariums, a distance of 30ft.. Will I need a pump to make that happen? The storage tank design I am looking at is tall, say 60" tall with the discharge at the bottom, or will gravity do the job? If a pump is needed, What kind?
    3. Does anyone Know of a website showing possible set up, I have'nt found one.
    Thank so much, Jim

Re: NEED INFO ON R.O./D.I. INSTALLATION

Im not a RO expert, but I can help with the hydraulics ie: what height you need to set your storage tank at to not need pumps. I notice that this is an old thread so let me know if you'restill looking for info.

Comment

Working...
    X