• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where to buy betta in houston ?

Phish,

Where/who/what is Nans?

H0nkszz,

I bought Buster the betta at Village. He is a beautiful blue/red boy.

Comment

phish,  when is the next Bettahabari show and auctions ?

i decided to order from an importer and will do that today ... they seem to have some good NICE bettas ... gotta pay to get the NICE stuff right ?
      My name is Andri, and I'm an Ikoholic ! Back in the game !

Comment

I saw a post some time ago giving the dates of March 24th and 25th.
        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

h0nkzz, what kind of fish do you keep? I mean besides the betta you're planning on getting? You should be careful importing fish because you can risk introducing some serious diseases to your current set-up, even if the betta will be in its own tank.

Ellen

Comment

Xtreme Fish on Bellaire near the beltway had some nice ones the last time I checked.

Comment

i keep tanganyikans ... betta will all be separated i guess ...

Comment

My mistake, Nan's is a gaming store near village....
                I should have said Megan's - they have hosted the last too shows/auctions
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen";p="
                  You should be careful importing fish because you can risk introducing some serious diseases to your current set-up, even if the betta will be in its own tank.

Ellen
                  You should quaranteen any new fish for 30 days ....... but it's hard when they are so pretty and want to spawn.

Imported fish are required to go through a trans-shipper where they are inspected and their water changed.  
                  (forign water is considered hazardous waste)
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

yea i'm buying through a transhipper and dont have to deal with the Thai breeder directly ... safe myself some trouble ...  

Comment

True, but there are rumors of cases where imported angels have brought in the pretty much unstoppable Angelfish/Discus disease, even though the fish are kept completely separated. Separate facilities even. Just a warning! I'm probably too cautious, if there is such a thing!

Ellen

Comment

Working...
                      X