No announcement yet.

where do you buy your plants locally??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you buy your plants locally??

So here's the big question.... Where do you buy your aquatic plants locally??
    Who's has the best plants around the Houston area, and please don't say PetSmart??? :wink:

Thanks for the replies!!

Re: where do you buy your plants locally??

Village Tropical. You can also check out the fish market forum - there are plenty of plants up for grabs or trade around here.

Comment

village tropical is the best

This place is new so i'm unsure. some have bought from him and I may soon.

suprisingly. petsmart has a pretty good selection of the usual plants.

frill, swords, hornwort, anachris, java fern, dwarf sag, hairgrass, vals, etc
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
      n

Comment

village tropical
        fish ranch II
        sunny's

petsmart/petco has plants like gt3guru stated.

the aquadise guy seems to be a good guy, i havent bought anything but did inquire about it and he was willing to meet me up since he didnt have a store front yet. he is on aquabid as well as ebay with just a nursery and lots of nice plants.

i usually give/trade trimmings so if you want some naps let me know so i can return the favor! it will probably be a little while cause everything is growng back out from the substrate change and when did that i only kept trimmings for myself to grow back out.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have gotten a good deal of my plants through trading with other people on this site actually. This is definately my favorite method of getting plants. In addition to getting new plants, I am also able to get first hand experience on how to take care of the more exotic plants.

With that said, Village does have a good selection of plants.  I always stop bye there when I am on that side of town. Some of the potted plants from Petsmart have proven to be treasures for me. I have gotten large groups of anubius from Petsmart at a fraction of what most LFS would sell.
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I'm not big into plants but have found some that work for me.  Like the others my favorite places to acquire plants are Village Tropical, trades or purchases among other members here or at the HAS auctions.
            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I'm with everyone else on this one, Village is probably the best, but not much beats trading with people here on the box.  
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by szidlon";p="
                I'm not big into plants but have found some that work for me.  Like the others my favorite places to acquire plants are Village Tropical, trades or purchases among other members here or at the HAS auctions.
                Not really big into plants, huh. Really Szid! What was all that green leafy stuff in your tanks? I could hardly see the fish in a couple of them!  

Comment

thanks for all the replies!!! 8)

Comment

Working...
                  X