Login problem and DST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login problem and DST

When I log in and try to go to my account it gives me a message that cookies are disabled in my browser.  It does log me in so I can post to the forums but the login page keeps coming up when I try to go to my account with the same message about the cookies.  I've even added HFB to my always allow cookies browser settings and still get the same message  :? .  I'm able to get to my profile through the site map.  Do we have to change our time settings for DST?
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Re: Login problem and DST

Thats a browser problem on your end, go into explorer options and make sure you have your cookies enabled, also check your security settings on your firewall and any spam filters you may have.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

I do have cookies enabled and also specifically put HFB in allowed sites.  I don't have an indendent firewall or spam program.  I'm still using the one that is provided with my DSL line that I've been using for over a month and haven't had a problem. I haven't changed any of my settings other than to add HFB to my allowed site and I just did that today to see if it would fix the problem.   I haven't had this problem before so once again, I'm confused  :?

Comment

I want my edit button back  :evil:

Just now it let me go to my account without taking me back to the login screen.  Maybe the cats or dogs have been in here "working" when I'm gone  8O

So I guess it was just a szidlon issue that once again, self resolved  

Comment

Are you running Windows XP with Service Pack 2?  

SP2 comes with its own firewall if I remember correctly.  Did you recently update to SP2?

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

I am running XP with service pack 2 and it hasn't been a problem in the past and it seems to be working fine now so I guess I'll just move on to bigger and scarier things to worry and fuss about  

Comment

Glad that problem righted itself! Did you change your settings to correct for DST? Mine still seems to be an hour ahead...
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Because of the cookie configuration(expires after a certain time period), if you accidentally set your computer calendar to the wrong date, it will give you that error. Not sure if that was the problem or not, but it could have been.

Your EDIT button should be back. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
                  Glad that problem righted itself! Did you change your settings to correct for DST? Mine still seems to be an hour ahead...
                  I did change my time in my profile and logged in the time shows correctly, but not logged in the time is an hour ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by houstonfishbox";p="
                    Your EDIT button should be back. :wink:
                    Thank you

Comment

i had that problem on my phone for  a while too but it fixed itself as well.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

edit button still seems dead to me Ken.
                        Scratch that, its alive in this sub, but dead in others. Looks like you have a directory issue bud.
                        Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

It should work in all but the fish market.

Comment

On the money, fish market it is. Good call boss man.

Comment

Working...
                            X