FOTAS-What did you think of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOTAS-What did you think of it?

I had a conflict in schedules so I knew I was not going to be able to go. I am interested in hearing from those who did go. How did you like it?
    How was the show?
    How did you rate the speakers?
    How did you like the banquet?
    How did the auction go?
    All the good stuff.
    GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Re: FOTAS-What did you think of it?

I enjoyed it. I was there on Saturday at about 10:30, and stayed until the end of Heiko's first speech. I really enjoyed the speakers (Jeff Senske, Rusty Wessel, and Heiko Bleher...didn't make it on time to see the first one). I was unable to attend the banquet. The auction was pretty good! Lots of people, and I liked the silent auction more than the last time. African Cichlids (at least in my view) dominated, but I was happy to see a lot from Lake Victoria and more of a variety of others.

The speakers were great. I liked how their topics covered some different aspects of the hobby. Jeff Senske showed off his beautiful tanks and included lots of great tips and pointers. Rusty Wessel had a ton of pictures and videos of the natural behaviors and habitats of fish in Mexico, and to my satisfaction also proved that their wild behaviors converted over to the aquarium life nicely. Heiko Bleher...well...I don't know how to sum up his talk! He's a really amazing person.

BEAUTIFUL fish in the show.

Sorry you couldn't be there!!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Oh, and Ken got the STEAL of the day with his...cracked barrels (as opposed to UN-cracked) but I'll let him tell you all about it.

Comment

Speaking from behind the scenes as one of the organizers, it was amazing how smoothly everything came together.  Which isn't to say that an incredible number of hours didn't go into every aspect, from the building of the showroom to the hospitality suite to the banquet to the scheduling to the auction.  No major snags arose, which was a miracle in itself.  Many folks went on only a few hours of sleep a night.  And simply everyone pitched in and gave up more than a few days of their lives to help make this not only a success, but fun for the attendees.  
        Adrenaline really helps more than caffeine!  I sincerely hope everyone did have a good time and came away with some new knowledge and lots of goodies.  Made a lot of new friends and met up with old ones. What a great excuse to talk "fish" for 3 days!
        Thanks to EVERYONE!!  And see you at the next one.

-- Marion

Comment

There were world class speakers, the banquet was especially fun when the show winners were announced, and the hotel was full of fun people. It was great! Too bad its over.

max

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
            Oh, and Ken got the STEAL of the day with his...cracked barrels (as opposed to UN-cracked) but I'll let him tell you all about it.
            I don't know what you're talking about... That wasn't me that got the flourescent miniature ornament of the two cracked open water barrels...

but they look great in my 2.5 shell dweller tank  :P

Comment

I too would like to thank HAS for putting on a great FOTAS! I had never been to one and I know there were a LOT of things to oversee to pull it off. Great job to everyone involved!

I especially enjoyed the awards banquet and the auction. I got to meet a lot of wonderful people. Thank you!

I did miss Jeff Senske. I really wanted to hear what he had to say. I've seen some of their stuff and it's really great.

Comment

how about a list of the show winners and catagories
                GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

I think we need to get some nice HFB hats. So we can find each other at these things. LOL
                  Smokin_Cache
                  Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
                  Lets see what the imagination fruits.
                  Check out my last tank

Comment

Smokin - I was thinking along the same lines! I see that some of the HFB members were at FOTAS, and I still don't know who they are!!

Comment

ok ok, I get the hint.  :axe:  I'll try to come up with something.  

Comment

If you're going to do hats, how about visors for the ladies.  I still think badges of some sort would work as well.
                        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
                        X