Sunny's Fish & Pets, Name and Location Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny's Fish & Pets, Name and Location Change

After long and hard decision making, i have decided to relocate Sunny's Fish. Therefore, For the remainder of the year i will be cutting back on inventory slowly, down to the bare essentials, in preperation for the move. We apologize any inconveinences and lack of inventory. The move will happen at the end of december, new store should be in bussiness at the end of December begeining of January. I'm hoping this move will bring much better tank and filtration set up for better quality fish, and overall a better store for the aquatic community. And also, after thoughtful consideration, the new store WILL NOT carry genetically altered fish, dyed or painted fish, but we will be carrying altered fish done through cross breeding. i believe its more natural to get differnt variety and colors without paint or dye... feel free to comment on that decision as it is not firm. I will post updates as i know of them. No set location of new store as of yet. but i have made my final decision to relocate to a new building to provide better service. I'm also taking suggestions on possible new names for the new store... Volunteers would be greatly appreciated.

Special thanks to scott for collaborating with me on this decision.

mike
    Resident BUM !!!

Re: Sunny's Fish & Pets, Name and Location Change

Wow, hopefully your new location will be a little closer to me.  I hope you stick with your decision to not carry dyed or painted fish, that is one of my pet peeves.  You could add a poll and see how others feel on the subject.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

i'll volunteer mike. just give me a call when you need me

as far as store names... i've always been partial to "tim's tropicals"
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Moving a fish store nothing simple about it. If you do some help, I do make a good supervisior. Hahaha just kidding. I will help you out to.

AS far as unnatural altering of fish I never have liked the ideal either.

Now for the new name how abou Natures Fish & Pets sound or Natures Fish & Birds.

Walter
        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Personally, I don't like the "& Pets" part of the name, because it brings to mind the whole puppy mill trade. I know I'm not the only person like this, and for lots of people, they won't even go to the store if they think it sells puppies, because they refuse to support that trade. I've never been to your store, but if you're just selling birds, it would be better to say "& Birds". If you do sell puppies or even smaller critters, I can't think of a way around the "& Pets" part if that's the type of name you like...

What about something like "The Fish Shop" or "The Fish Market" "The Fish Barn" "The Reservoir" "Fish Treasures"

Ellen

Comment

good move!

you know joe over at urban has been having problems too, i tell you playing hold'em with no a/c sucks! and that was at night imagine the customers during the day.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hi Mike, Just make sure you keep that overhead down, but yeah, a better location would do wonders for walk-in volume.

Comment

Best of luck in Dec for your move. I hope you don't go too far South though. Me and my husband really enjoy your store.

Can't think of any good names right now.....I'm not good at that.

Comment

Yeah, I think that you're on the north side is a good thing. There aren't that many stores up there with which to compete.

Comment

how about Space City Aquatics

maybe not, but for those of you who travel a little

River City Aquatics is and excellent store in Austin

Comment

If I'm not working and you can give a little notice, I would like to help.

How about

"Sunny's Delight" - Where the fish are brighter!
                      "Aquatic Depot" - Your one stop Fish and Aquarium store!
                      "Mike's Place" - Join the Fin!

LOL

Raul
                      Raul
                      PokerFace

Comment

If you're just going to have fish and birds, how about "Fins N Feathers", with or without the Mike front.
                        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Originally posted by semper";p="
                          how about Space City Aquatics

maybe not, but for those of you who travel a little

River City Aquatics is and excellent store in Austin
                          SA is know for their river & Houston is know for its bayou.
                          If your going this direction why not Bayou City Aquatics.
                          Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                          Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                          Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Hmmm, I must say, as long as we are talking a big move, Attascocita would be an attractive location. Plenty of empty storefronts, no competition worth mentioning, and a decent crowd base,hmmmm. As for name, I vote for Lake Houston Aquariums, kinda ties in with my whole Lake Houston Aquarists theme, hehe. Seriously tho, Humble or Attascocita would be a very good market location provided you can find a reasonably priced store front. An alternative would be Porter, again, cheap rents, and no competition. With Kingwod bordering Porter and Humble, you have 2 strong possibilities there as far as a location goes. The ideal location of course would be on 1960 east of 59, that way you draw from all the surrounding area, Kingwood, Attascocita,Walden, Summerwood, Huffman, The Commons, and all the rest.
                            Just please don't blame me for the move, all I did was point out the obvious, you made the decision, hehe.
                            Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

but mike has turtles and lizards and then there's his chinchilla that my fiance wants to take from him  
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X