20L: 1 leleupi + multi colony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20L: 1 leleupi + multi colony?

I currently have 1 leleupi and wanna put it in a 20gal long Tanganyikan-only tank.  I've also recently become interested in shell-dwellers.  The leleupi is a notoriously aggressive fish and mine likes to dwell at the bottom of its current tank.  To anyone who has any relevant knowledge or experience, what are my chances of achieving harmony in a 20L if I set up rockwork on one side for my leleupi and put some shells on the opposite side for a small colony of multis?

Some have said that leleupis will constantly harrass shell-dwellers and stick their nose in the shells looking for fry to eat, while others say that the males of a colony of multis will fend off a leleupi every time.

Re: 20L: 1 leleupi + multi colony?

i have 4 leleupi's together, two purple and two orange along with a bunch of other fish and they leave the others alone.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: 20L: 1 leleupi + multi colony?

I have 2 lelupis with my Calvus, and jullis. The lepuli stay away from one another pretty much, one of them occasionaly chase the jullis. But once they hide in a hole its over. Give them lots of hiding spots.
      2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

Working...
      X