Betta Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betta Tank

I have a 2.5Gal with 1 betta. I don't have a heater on the tank, so it's running between 75 and 80 degrees. I'm looking for something that I can add that will keep the glass clean. Either a snail or small cat. What would be best?

Re: Betta Tank

I have kept apple snails with my bettas before to keep the glass clean, and they worked great! I also had some amano shrimp in with one of my bettas, to catch any bits of food that made it to the bottom of the tank. My other betta would not give the shrimp a break though, he thought that they should be hunted! I took those shrimp out after a day.  :?  I've never had the SAEs or ottos that others swear by though, maybe somebody else can chime in on that.

Ellen

Comment

Bettas will eat small snails
      Many larger snails will crawl out of the tank

put tape or something over the holes in your cover to keep your betta from jumping out and the big snails from leaving home.

O-cats work well in a betta tank
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

How do the ocats do in that temp range?

Comment

I've had some survive for more than 2 years

But I've never had them try to spawn in my tanks.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
          X