Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Breeders

That male is stunning! Congrats man.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Ah Ha, so you understand why wine & aquabid don't mix  
      I did bid a little too much for him but after you figure shiping & import fees it really is not that much more.  
      And the sellers asks me "do you want a nice female ?"   I may have to skip buying groceries this week
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

The more fish you order the cheaper shipping is per fish, at least that's what I told myself last time......man, I'm glad I don't drink.

Comment

That sounds like great justification to order the female  

Orange Dragon Female
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

And, with the deals they give you on the females it's stupid not to get one or two.

Comment

In the past, it has been really hard to get sibling femails from the wholesailers.  
              But with the high demand from American breeders, more and more are offering them.
              The only real problem has been that thai breeders are not as picky about breeding pure lines and
              if you could get them, you never could expect the imports to breed 100% true .
              Thats why I try to stay with the recessive colors - yellow & orange,  but I have a hard time letting go of the dominant reds & blues.

Comment

Three pair flew in from Thailand today - and boy are they tired.

Can you tell, I have a thing for Butterflies.  

Comment

Wow, those are really nice!  Are you going to try to come up with a new butterfly color?
                  Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

With the introduction of the new metalic colors (gold, platinum, copper) a few years ago and the new Dragon pattern and all the wild species becomming available there are over 50 different classes at this years IBC shows. Two of the new classes are light and dark bodied metalics.
                    the bottom picture is an Orange Dragon - light bodied metalic.  Hopefully his children will win at the Anual Convention in Dallas next summer.

I'm still working on establishing a couple of line that will breed true. (Reds / Yellows / Oranges and Whites / Steel Blue Butterflys)
                    The finnage gets so much better every year, it's hard to keep up.   But if it was easy anyone could do it.  

Comment

Wow!  That Orange Dragon is spectacular!  I'm a sucker for anything metallic - guess it's that "Bling" look they exhibit  :)

Congrats - I wish you much luck with his offspring!
                      The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                      Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

The Orange Dragon is already building a bubble nest.  
                        Guess the trip wasn't too rough on him.
                        I've been feeding him frozen frine shrimp and fresh skeeters from my outdoor (culture). 3 - 55g drums of green stagnant water.
                        I have had an abundance of skeeters (mosquito larva) ever since IKE came to town.
                        The trick is to stick your fish net below the surface and swish it around the walls.  You get plenty of tumblers without disturbing the eggs.
                        Collect every day to make sure you get all the Mosquito pupae, commonly called "tumblers", before they can morph into an adult.
                        Don't want those little monster bitting the neighbor or your pets.....

Comment

It is just amazing how a good spawn of a beautiful pair of bettas can affect your attitude and your routeen.

I now find myself hatching BBS twice a day and making time in my schedule to feed my baby whites first, before I get on the internet or start my day or fix my dinner...

My fishroom is cleaner, the tanks are getting more water changes, the filters are being cleaned more often. Even the other fry, endlers, guppies, platties, swords, convicts are all growing faster due to the increased surplus of BBS

Comment

I have a routine also, I wake up, have coffee, tank lights come on at 6:30am, feeding is at 7:00am, watch them eat, play on internet, take shower, play on internet, watch fish until it's time to go to work.  My schedule revolves around my fish and my cats.
                            After work, go home, feed cats, hubby feeds me, play with cats, watch tv, give Elvis his evening snack (seaweed), lights out at 8:30pm, go to bed watch tv, tv goes off around 10pm, set clock & start over.  
                            A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Working...
                            X