pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures

Could anyone link us to some pictures of the modern bettas? If someone put me on the spot I would be hard pressed to show some pictures of my guppies. I was taking pictures with a Fuji MX1200. The shutter is so slow that half the time the fish is gone by the time I take the picture. I know I could throw him out on the table or something less drastic to make it be still for the picture but I wanted the tail flaired out in a natural setting. I actually did better taking pictures with a video camera and selecting frames for my picture. The solution was a camera with a faster shutter. The focus is much better.  It also has different aperture settings to get the light right. Well I still take a lot of pictures to get the one I want. Now I need to get the fish ready to photograph again.

max

Re: pictures

For some great pictures of bettas (and other fish) just visit
    Aquabid
    but be sure to wright down how much you're allowed to spend before you visit.  

I like this trio and the price is a bit low because of the time of year
    mustard gas Bettas
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Its a very nice fish but the picture looks a little bit out of focus. O well most of my pictures are worse. At least we can tell it is a nice fish.

max

Comment

just wanted to show off a new female I just won at Aquabid Auction
        her tail is not a full 180 degree spread and her dorisal does not show the red band seen on her other fins,
        but she is close enough to make good breeding stock.  Somewhere in her 300 fry there might be a show winner.

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Very nice Phreek. What is this one?

Comment

Thanks for calling me back John.
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

bettas with the white body are called Cambodian as the first imports of that color came from Cambodia.

Bettas with two colors in their fins are known as butterfly.  The desired pattern is a 50/50 split.

Comment

The Photo Gallery works great.
                I have posted a few pix of my bettas

All the new metalic colors, are said to be from a imbellis cross to Betta Splends.  In the next few years you will see all sorts of flashy new colors being introduced to the Hobby.

Comment

Those pictures are almost as awesome as the fish themselves! :clap:

Comment

Working...
                  X