Introducing a new betta forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing a new betta forum!

As requested, a forum just for bettas! Enjoy!

Re: Introducing a new betta forum!

Be sure to seperate your posts tho, wouldn't want to log on and see all the beta posts have killed each other.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Hi, welcome to Houston Betta Box

Hopefully this will become a place where we can all share information on how to care for and raise Bettas (Siamese Fighting Fish)

For those of you who are new to bettas,  They come from Thailand and the surround area, they breath air so you can keep them in small containers with out air pumps and filters.  Because they breath air they can tolerate muddy or green water but that doesnot mean that they can survive when the amonia or nitrite levels get excessive.   They spawn in  82 deg water but will tolerate room temp so you don't need a heater.   They are carniverous (eat meat) and love live food that wiggles.   They look great in a glass vase with a plant but give them a path to the surface so they can breath.   Feed them high proteen food (don't expect them to eat the plant roots) And change their water weekly, with declorinated water.

A few females make a colorful addition to a comunity tank.  They will seek cover in the plants and decorations and wait in ambush for that insect that dares to land on the surface or the small snail that crawls out into the open.

Males are teritoral, like a big old bear, they will fight to keep other bettas out of their teritory, but in a comunity tank their long flowing fins often become a target for the tank bully.  Males are best kept in a 1/2 galon or larger container  by themselves.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by SCOTT";p="
        Be sure to seperate your posts tho, wouldn't want to log on and see all the beta posts have killed each other.

Comment

Thank you for the new Betta forum.

max

Comment

Today was the March Meeting of BettaHabari - the Houston Area Betta Breeders at my home in Texas City.  Quite a drive for some of our members.
            We had a great time.  Good food, Good drinks and great company.   Plans were made for our International show this comming labor day.
            Next month's meeting will be canceled so that we can attend the HAS auction.  Fish, cultures, plants and experiences were changed and a good time was had by all.
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I missed it. Are you guys going to start announcing your events with the other Southeast Texas Aquarists clubs? Anyone can suggest a calender event you know.

max

Comment

Yeah, I would love to have your club use this site for discussions. Either way, the offer is still open to create a forum for you to fill everyone in on your club.

Comment

Thankyou
                  yes I relayed your offer to the other members and got a so-so response.
                  the end result was an agreement to continue our Yahoo site and also accept your offer to host us.   We would like to use both locations for a while - at least untill everyone gets a better feel for the difference.

Comment

The longest journey begins with a single step. Cool.

max

Comment

Working...
                    X