flake food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flake food

So I've been feeding most of my fish NLS. My emperors and rummy noses don't seem to like it much though. It might have to do with the fact that the 1 mm is a little big for them to handle and it takes a while to soak and become soft. Do you guys have any suggestions for high quality flake food for community fish? I haven't fed any of my tanks flake in over 10 years... just pellet foods and live/frozen foods.

Thanks!
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Just order some from kens if you are not in a big rush

Comment

Yeah. I'm looking at his website right now and can't figure out which one to order. Maybe just the general flake stuff mixed with the HBH color bright. I dunno!

Comment

I use the tetra color crisps for my mbuna and SA's.
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
          I use the tetra color crisps for my mbuna and SA's.
          What do you like about it, b?

Comment

I have seen different people's fish over the years who feed Tetra's colorbits not the crisp's, and there colors are amazing. I started feeding my RCS Tetra Colorbits about a week ago to see if there is any change in appearance.

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
            What do you like about it, b?
            150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Less waste. Flake crumbles to much a lot of it gets wasted. It also brings out the color in mine as opposed to just pellets. But you use sand do you might be ok with your bottom feeders just using regular flakes. My mbunas are pigs and love to just shred it. Also doesn't leave alot of particulate in the water. But with your smaller fish I would use tetra color flakes.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by algarciajr View Post
                I have seen different people's fish over the years who feed Tetra's colorbits not the crisp's, and there colors are amazing. I started feeding my RCS Tetra Colorbits about a week ago to see if there is any change in appearance.
                +1, they actually sell a jar that's split in three with flake, crisp, and the bits.
                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Put the NLS in the garlic masher and crush it up. That's what I have my boraras on along with NLS H20 flakes
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I feed my tiny fish either crumbled flakes (just rub it around in my fingers) or the .5mm nls
                    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

I put my NLS in a blender and chopped it up. That gave me a good mixture of pellet sizes so when I feed my fish, there's always a size that works for each type of fish in the tank. For the tanks with only smaller fish, I just chop it up finer. And if I really want to get the size small, I crush the pellets into a powder using a small mortar and pestle. This works well for micro fish, such as Boraras and Ember Tetras.
                      Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                      • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                      • 29g Planted - Journal
                      • 29g Planted
                      • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

That's what it's called... a mortar.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah, I feed my boraras the 0.5 mm NLS or the 1 mm NLS crushed up, and they seem to do ok with it. I guess I can do the same for the smaller fish in my 105 and then feed the larger fish Thera A with garlic. And I'll supplement with the TetraColor flake or pellet that contains carotene and algaes for color. Thanks everyone!

Comment

NLS goes with everything.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                              NLS goes with everything.
                              Eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X