Betta Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betta Babies

I asked my husband for an aquarium so that my kids and I could do a tadpole to frogs lesson for homeschooling. He bought me a 30 gallon aquarium and stand and all of the fixings and now I'm an addict. The two betta (that share their home with a few other fun fish in the 30 gallon) are apparently quite fond of eachother and quite fertile. I ended up buying additional tanks to handle the fry and am looking to rehome some little guys.

Here is the Dad : And here they are together:
    I don't have a better photo of the gal. I'll try to work on that.

I have what I am assuming are 6 males and 2 females. The photos below are of the ones I call "The Boys." They share a 20 gallon tank right now. They have gravel, an undergravel filter, and eat fish flakes or betta food. They gather at the surface like Koi when they think I'm coming to feed them. Since I originally had 20 fry survive, and am down to 8, I'm assuming some "survival of the fittest" occured, but they don't seem to be fin nippers for the most part. The two smallest, I put into my large planted tank so that they could hide from larger fish. It'll be a while before I can get good shots of them.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11462700...04554904254775

I'm looking to find homes for these little guys. We are a homeschooling family and I'd like to ask $10 a fish. They are kept in tap water with water conditioner. They have had a tiny amount of melafix in the water for a few split tail fins, but are all looking great. Any suggestions on how to determine what type they are? And how to find homes for them? I am in the Pearland/288 Area.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

they look very nice. you should list them in the fish market. also the Houston aquarium society, has an auction one a year.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Also, Welcome to the Box!
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

COngrats on the breeding and welcome to the box!

as troy mentioned you can list livestock in the marketplace, or just call around to stores and see if you can get credit for them

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the babies!
            010G Long fin BN grow-out
            020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
            020G Leulepi grow-out
            020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
            030G Leulepi breeder
            030G SRD FlowerHorn
            040G Hongi Sweden breeder
            090G Tangs community
            100G Tangs community
            150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi