Diy overfloe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diy overfloe

So I built this over flow and Finally got it working but the water going to sump is super noisy. Any ideas to fix it. The water tube flowing into sump is not fully filled with water only half way. Not sure if that's normal . https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...WW4keXtXjY&s=1 Thanks for help

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Did you drill your vent hole big enough?

Comment

Also, it will only be full with exact or more than 600gph. If you only have a 300gph pump, a 1" (600gph) drain is only going to be half full.

Comment

How big does the vent hole need to be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked up the pump and it is a pond master 500gph so I guess my water flow won't be full

Comment

I have a DIY. overflow and the real HOB overflow. Both are noisy. The DIY. is noisier. The other isn't as annoying.
            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I just throw a towel over mine. It absorbs most of the sound. I rather see a towel than have my ears irritated.
              210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
              125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Originally posted by gambs View Post
                Looked up the pump and it is a pond master 500gph so I guess my water flow won't be full

You have to factor in head height so it's not pumping 500gph either. You are probably getting somewhere between 350-450gph. Just FYI.
                135 gal Fahaka Puffer
                150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
                185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Ya its just the water flowing into the sump that's noisy. Guess I can throw a towel over it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X