Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Idea!!!

Hey everyone,
    I usually keep a harem of 4-6 female Betta's in my 40g breeder community tank. I'd like some more color in the tank though and will be adding some more fish. So I am looking into the possibility of maybe having a second harem (2-3) of Dwarf Gourami. Since these two harem's are all females without any males to cause trouble I'm hoping this will work! My plan is to find fairly young Gourami and a few young Betta's and introduce them all at one time.

Have any of you ever had these two "cousins" (female, not males) in the same tank? Any advice? I know much depends on their fishy personalities but what level of "peace" was obtained with them living together; community living? :)

Dwarf gouramis are pretty vicious customers. They will nip at fins and likely ultimately kill your female bettas. Best to keep fish that are too fast for the bettas to get at (females are just as aggressive as the males).
    Emerald Green Rainbowfish
    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Also female dwarf gouramis are either dull colored or sliver.

honeydew gouramis are a smaller variety and much less aggressive. You'd probably do ok as long as there is plenty of binding spots or plants to breakup line of sight.
      Emerald Green Rainbowfish
      Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Working...
      X