29 Gallon Biocube Skimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 Gallon Biocube Skimmer

I am currently running a 29 gallon Biocube with a Kessil 150 over it. It is has been running for about 6 months now and is lightly stocked. Over the next couple months I plan on adding the majority of my coral and 1-2 other fish. I am thinking of adding a skimmer to the second chamber. I have already removed the bio-balls and currently have small rubble in the chamber. I want a skimmer that will fit in the second chamber with no modification. I know that some people will just tell me to do a weekly water change(Which I currently do every Friday) but I want to ensure my tank stays where it needs to be. Any suggestions on a skimmer is greatly appreciated.

Currently in the tanks:
    40 pounds of sand
    30 pounds of live rock
    1 - pair of clowns
    1 - goby
    1 - pistol shrimp
    1 head of frog spawn.
    Misc snails

Thanks
    TnT

How big is the second chamber? Are you looking for something to hang on the back or fit down inside. If you are looking for something to fit down inside then you won't have many options beside the actual skimmer made for the biocube. But if you want something to hang off the back I would look into the reef octopus model. Love their stuff.

Maybe something like this??
    Selling saltwater aquatic supplies online is what we specialize in for aquariums. We sell only the best brands and products for saltwater aquariums.

Or like this if you didn't want to go HOB.
    Since 2008 inTank manufactures and provides the highest quality upgrades for your All-In-One aquarium and is the place for expert advice. Fast free shipping and fast customer service response.

Not really to familiar with biocubes. So I'm just taking guesses! lol Hope this helps ya! I've always had skimmers on my 29 gallons. Usually if it's 20 and under weekly water changes suffice. Unless the tank is super stocked. Hope you get it figured out!
    “Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner.”

Comment

I will have to measure the chamber to be sure. I know I have seen skimmers fit in this chamber but it was sometime ago and I don't recall the brand/Mod. Those are good links thanks for the help.... I would also be willing to put it int he fist chamber and move my heater if needed.

Comment

I have the coralife biocube skimmer in my first chamber.
        Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

Can you post some pics of your tank and skimmer? What kind of stock are you running an dhow heavy do you feed?

Comment

I will be home tomorrow night and will post some pics. Right now I have a yellow stripe maroon clown, yellowtail damsel, yellowfin damsel, spotted mandarin goby, lawnmower blenny, 4 turbo snails, 2 emerald crabs, sebae anemone, 2 sps frags, live rock, and live sand. I have live rock and cheato in center fuge. I feed a few pinches of omega one super color flake each day. Do one water change every week to two weeks. Don't have much waste in skimmer cup but starting my corals so just want to ensure I have a decent system. Also have pods in fuge with cheato. If you are close by and interested in a yellowfin damsel let me know, it's free haha. Will be buying a cleaner shrimp and diamond goby this coming weekend.
            Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

LOL I saw your post about the free fish....I will pass. I will check out the skimmer how easy was it to install?

Comment

I was going to buy the intank media basket and fuge basket with the aquatic life 115, but now I am considering the Tunze 9002. After some research i don't think the fuge basket and 9002 will both fit. So my question is do I go with the aquatic life 115, media basket, and fuge. Or do I go with the media basket, and Tunze 9002? If you have input please explain why.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone on another site recommended the cadlight pls - 50. Does anyone know if this skimmer will fit in the first chamber of a biocube?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why not try the biocube skimmer? It will be perfectly fit. Other type of skimmer good for a custom sump only. Thats my guess

Comment

Tunze 9002, great skimmer. Will fit in the center chamber, but you will have to cut some of the plastic to get it flush so it will sit properly. The collection cup is too big. Obviously you would have to loose the bio balls in the center chamber, which should go IMO. As an alternative, there are a few companies that make cups designed for the 9002 to work in the 29.
                        Entrepreneurship Coach

Comment

Working...
                        X