PDA

View Full Version : WC Tropheus Ikola/ WC Trio of Petrochromis Trewavesae

Mastiffman
10-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Ordered some Ikola From Rene for my First Purchase from him and I have to say that I'm very impressed.

Rene has great professionalism, personality and is Always Stepping up his game with a Humble attitude.

Rene has Great Communication and was very personable. He Gave me a Great Deal on the Ikola. Due to some rough shipping though, I picked up the Shipment and opened the box to find a few of the bags were leaking. I did Unfortunately end up losing 4 Ikola within the first few days and my Trio of Trews the week after Due to what was concluded as Ammonia Poisoning Scarring of the Gills, which put to much stress on them all and lost them.

BUT, Rene kindly replaced the 4 Ikola with 8 More for free! As well as the trio of Trews with 3 Females!

So even though there was a little bit of a mishap, Rene's stellar Ethics proved to be something that any buyer should value in a seller!

Thank you Rene for all of your hard work on these shipment and I consider you to be a great value in the Hobby!

Sincerely,

Andrew C.

Video of the Ikola:

Note: After Acclimation, I add my 9 Existing Adult F1 Females Ikola to the Colony. They are doing very well and produce Regularly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rstbYtAowOA

Video of the Petro Trewavesae Colony:

Note: Renes Trews are the 3 of the 5-6 Largest in the tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP_LJd3wcso

hungvanvo
10-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Andrew, Who is Rene?? they have a great fish do they have fish store or web?. I love your Ikola.

moganman
10-10-2013, 09:46 AM
He's the owner of The Cichlids Place. BEST importer in all of America.

SunnyHouTX
10-10-2013, 09:59 AM

Yup, THE BEST

Nice pickup Andrew

Mastiffman
10-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Andrew, Who is Rene?? they have a great fish do they have fish store or web?. I love your Ikola.

Rene Quarshie. "The Cichlids Place" out of TX... Great Guy and Importer!

Plus +

Yup, THE BEST

Nice pickup Andrew

I agree!

Thank you sir! How are those Ikola doing that you picked? Doing well as Dithers still?

SunnyHouTX
10-10-2013, 11:42 AM
I turned them all into Moshi, which are getting big fast. Vinny had my Ikola now.

tbui1178
10-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Fish look nice and healthy!

haixu
10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
The BEST importer bar none!!!

No importer that I would feel so comfortable to work with and never ever hesitate to send money through Paypal personal. Integrity and best customer service ever. Always make his customers super happy. Lots of bayarea fans and growing.

Mastiffman
10-10-2013, 01:08 PM
I turned them all into Moshi, which are getting big fast. Vinny had my Ikola now.

Ah cool ! Would Love some Moshi in the future. Still making sure that I have a good idea of Petros with my Trews though for now.

Fish look nice and healthy!

Thank you. There were only a couple that looked thin when Rene Sent them... But being that he treated them properly, they were eating and took right to Kens Metro/ Garlic Flake. That's what I like About Renes method. Food is First!

The BEST importer bar none!!!

No importer that I would feel so comfortable to work with and never ever hesitate to send money through Paypal personal. Integrity and best customer service ever. Always make his customers super happy. Lots of bayarea fans and growing.

I honestly Feel this way as well to this point. That's not saying that I don't trust the other two. But that Rene has the best treatment for sure and is constantly trying to improve it. I like that!

hungvanvo
10-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I total agree with you guys about Rene. I Just have a long text with Rene and I fell so comfortable on my next order ( Price and Shipping are the best). I thank you guy that introduce Rene to me.

Ogrodii
10-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for a great review I'm gonna be ordering some wc ikola from rene pretty soon to.

about how big did these guys come ?

Mastiffman
10-10-2013, 06:18 PM
They come a typical WC tropheus size... Roughly 2.5" - 3.5" to 4" Pretty Standard stuff from my experience.

Wouldn't want anything bigger unless it was for a show tank or something as if they are on the smaller size you'll be able to enjoy them for a lot longer time.

hungvanvo
10-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Just talk to Rene, he is very cool and I will get 21 or 30 Ikola on next ship. You are right Andrew 2.5 to 3.5" that the best size for enjoy to see them grown and have a lot of fry.

Mastiffman
10-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Just talk to Rene, he is very cool and I will get 21 or 30 Ikola on next ship. You are right Andrew 2.5 to 3.5" that the best size for enjoy to see them grown and have a lot of fry.

Nice! Just a full Box and some Kens Metro/ Garlic Flakes and you'll be good to go! Feed them slowly after the second day for the first couple or few weeks. Slower the better.

hungvanvo
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Andrew, you feed the Ken Metro/Garlic Flakes for daily or for treatment? Because I will make an order some food from Kensfish next week. please let me know. Thank

Mastiffman
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Andrew, you feed the Ken Metro/Garlic Flakes for daily or for treatment? Because I will make an order some food from Kensfish next week. please let me know. Thank

Yes. Although Rene has an Extra Premium Care Routine I still wanted to make sure that I started with a Light Spirulina Flake that was Medicated with not just Metro but also Garlic. Garlic is Natr=ural Immune Booster and is qute affective at also killing internal parasites and increasing appetite!

I would order some now to make sure that you have it on hand when they arrive.

hungvanvo
10-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Thank you Andrew.

Mastiffman
10-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Thank you Andrew.

Yep, No Problem.

TroPhish
10-11-2013, 12:30 AM
When you talk to Rene, it just all makes sense. Just a straight forward logical approach.

Im getting some gobies from him soon...Looking forwad to it.

Nice vids Andrew.

John

Mastiffman
10-11-2013, 09:55 AM
When you talk to Rene, it just all makes sense. Just a straight forward logical approach.

Im getting some gobies from him soon...Looking forwad to it.

Nice vids Andrew.

John

Yep, Renes Always been a straight shooter with me as well. We were laughing on the first phone call with each other! Thanks Rene.

Thanks for the Compliments Buddy!!

What Gobies you getting John?

Tanganicodus irsacae Kibishi

discman
10-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Rene is one of the good guys. Great pricing and one of the most honest people you will ever deal with.

Mastiffman
10-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Rene is one of the good guys. Great pricing and one of the most honest people you will ever deal with.

I 100% agree with you Mike!

thecichlidsplace
10-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Thank you all for believing in me to do my best to provide quality fish. It has being a rough road and I appreciate all of the help I've received. I'm here because of you (the customer) and your willingness to take a chance with a new importer.Thanks again and I look forward to the challenges of becoming a better importer.Rene