Raising brine shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising brine shrimp

OK, so I have the 2 liter coke bottle with the air stone attached to get them hatched. They are now in a 6 qt tub with an air tube and I feed them every other day with that spiralina stuff that comes with the eggs. I have a 20 gallon tank that I am not using that has a filter an air stone. Can I convert that to a brackish tank? If so when could I take the baby brine shrimp out from the hatchery and put them in the 20 gallon tank? I would think its to big for them to swim in and be able to eat. Thanks for the advice!

A brackishwater tank is very much like freshwater. How ever brineshrimp need water movement. Can I ask why?
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
      A brackishwater tank is very much like freshwater. How ever brineshrimp need water movement. Can I ask why?
      Wanted to feed my fish live brine, I also have a fresh water flounder (hog choker) that eats them as well.

Comment

It's a lot of work and as Nutrition there is none in brine shrimp. Fish love to eat them but 48 hours after hatching brine shrimp loss all nutritional value.
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

This ^^^. an adult brine shrimp is a treat, essentially giving the fish candy, but all fish eat them readily. the newly hatched brine are used for fry, but their nutritional value decreases sharpy after hatching.

i hear hogchokers are more picky and prefer live food (never owned one)....like live brine, daphnia, mosquito larvae, tubifex worms, etc...things they would find in the wild sifting sand/mud

Comment

Yes, it's best to pump the Newly hatched artimia full with a super vitamin beore feeding them to fish. Especially Fry.
            Andrew C.
            My Youtube Channel
            Join the Tropheus & More community today!
            (KJV) Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9-13, John 3:16-17

Keeping:
            WC Tropheus Bulu Point, Ikola, Kasanga, Maswa, Pemba, Ulwile, Mpulungu, Tanzania Murago
            WC Petro. Trews,Petro. Moshi
            WC Eretmodus "Mpulungu, Kasanga"-F1 "Bulu Point"
            WC N. Tretacephalus
            WC L. Ocellatus "Isanga", L. Multifaciatus "Mbita"- L. Brevis "Kavala"

Comment

Working...
            X