Fiancé wanted a Betta...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiancé wanted a Betta...

In petco buyin dog food, and next thing you know we're walking out with Betta supplies! And we forgot the dog food! Had him for half a week now. She named him Valentino. Haven't had a Betta in forever. He hung out in my shrimp nano until his little tank was good to go (used cycled filter to get it goin.

Not the best pic:

That's a pretty one!
    Last time I made an impulse buy at Petsmart (I went to get some more sand for one of my tanks)... This is what I came home with. Exactly 11 months ago.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374808139.765737.jpg

Sent from my iPhone by one of my fish
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

He's pretty, love those white bettas! I almost gave in to an impulse betta last week...they can tempt you!
      "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
        That's a pretty one!
        Last time I made an impulse buy at Petsmart (I went to get some more sand for one of my tanks)... This is what I came home with. Exactly 11 months ago.
        [ATTACH]20678[/ATTACH]

And oh my...she's getting MORE adorable, I think.
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
          And oh my...she's getting MORE adorable, I think.
          Aw Sasha. That was at age 4 months, when I got her! She was 5 lbs. This is her fluffy 12 lb lovable self now:
          ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374813357.790931.jpg
          ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374813378.299837.jpg

All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Aw....even better! She did get fluffy!! Lol.
            I was thinking...wow, she still looks so small! But tommy is not getting as huge as I thought he would, he's still at 8 pounds...

I love how you have the cat tree by the tank!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Aquabee about a year and a half ago we went in for dog food and came out with a kitten that looks just like yours too. His name is Ernie. He thinks he's a dog.

Comment

Beautiful cat.

We are adding a Havanese puppy to our cat, blind daschund, and three aquarium household this weekend.

Went to the dog show last weekend and couldn't resist the little guy.

Comment

call me crazy but i never thought of a kitten as an impulse buy. a betta i can see, but enter for sand and leave with kitten? i am a dog person though. have a bullmastiff and a puggle. complete opposite ends of the dog spectrum

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                    call me crazy but i never thought of a kitten as an impulse buy. a betta i can see, but enter for sand and leave with kitten? i am a dog person though. have a bullmastiff and a puggle. complete opposite ends of the dog spectrum
                    5 yr old 50 lb shepard mutt rescue, 3 yr old 12 lb miniature dachshund, and a 10 month old 80 lb Great Dane pup at my house. Plus Ernie the cat who was raised from birth by a chihuahua and then around our dogs. He "barks", sits, comes when he's called and plays fetch. And he wants to eat dog food with the rest of them. We are dog people too, just found a cat that fit the nitch!

Comment

we have 4 tanks, 2 dogs, a leopard gecko and a hedgehog. the bullmastiff (120 lbs) attacks the puggle (25 lbs) like a lion takes down a gazelle. their "tug-of-war" consists of the mastiff laying down and puggle pulling with all his might. both of them dont like the stray cats they sometimes see in the yard. the bullmastiff is still cautious of the hedgehog so i cant imagine her with a kitten

Comment

you are super lucky, white bettta like that is hard to come by, I hunt so many LFS before I gave up.
                        I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

Bullmastiff's are really nice dogs.

We had a Corgi. We he was a puppy one of our 1st trips was to pet's mart. Turned a corner and a big mastiff was standing there our puppy ran up to him and i figured he was a instant snack. The mastiff laid down and our Corgi jumped all over him playing. To this days it's one of the coolest things i've seen with our animals.

Comment

I've noticed most big dogs I've come across are pretty playful with the little dogs. Our Great Dane will swing the rope around for the weiner dog to chase.

I thought the white betta was pretty cool looking too. Got him at Petco on Bay Area Blvd. in Clear Lake. They had a few more. I think he was like $7.50.

Comment

omg that's lucky!!! I wanted a white or black betta, I look for like 10 shops before I found a black one...
                              I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

Working...
                              X