UPS Power backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS Power backup

Looking at getting a small UPS for a power outage for my salt tank. I decided my freshwater tanks will be fine with their battery powered air pumps only.

Buy CyberPower Intelligent LCD UPS CP1350AVRLCD 1350 VA 815 Watts 10 Outlets UPS with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Trying to understand the details of these guys. 810w, does that mean the battery can use 810 watts of power before it dies? Say a 10w Koralia could run for quite a while if needed. Also it mentions a full charge is 16hours/ So I guess I'm confused!

Any thoughts?

Sounds interesting til I read more...
    On a full charge of 16 hours, the CyberPower CP1350AVRLCD UPS will provide 2 minutes (at full load) to 9 minutes (at half load) of battery time, sufficient for closing your editing files and protecting data in case of power outage. The built-in battery delivers 810W output, enough to support most performance PCs with LCD monitors.
    215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
    180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
    58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Im going through a bunch of the reviews to see how long computers last on it. Keep in mind typical PC power supplies are 400-800watts

Comment

Some good info with tests and durations. An 8 watt hob filter ran for 4 hours on a 750VA/500watt system.

The one I linked above is 1350VA/800watt. Surely it would last longer right? Or am I missing something.

Comment

Remember, you don't have to put everything attached to your tank on the UPS - you could, for example, just put the powerheads and return pump (assuming your tank has a sump) on it. Just whatever is necessary to keep the O2 level in the tank from dropping precipitously.

Comment

I have a Tripp Lite 750U at my office. My 75g office tank is also on it with my computer. Like mentioned above only connect certain things to it to keep the tank running. I have my return pump & 1 powerhead on it only. That way I can keep water circulating & they don't pull much power. You don't need lights, skimmers, heaters, etc. If the power is off long enough for the water to cool, the battery back-up isn't going to help.

One thing to note. The batteries in all these things suck. They go out about every 2 years or so and need to be replaced. I've had 3 different brands & they all go out.

Comment

Working...
            X