Texas Longear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Longear

Ok went collecting a week or so ago and caught 1 large Longear.And a 5 smaller ones. Can't get any good pics of the small ones but here's the bigger one.null_zpsb9ec3186.jpgnull_zps2e77f75e.jpgnull_zps44d48a4c.jpgnull_zps207061f3.jpgnull_zpscfca5747.jpg

I always thought they were a very nice looking native, especially in breeding colors. Shiners and Killifish make decent tankmates
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

My camera just doesn't do this guy justice...Taken with my phone...He is red as red can be. The plan is to put him and the others in my 180. With a bass and a few others.

Comment

Right on, I go collecting locals fairly often up in Spring. I led a Local Collection trip back in March/April for the GHAC club and had about 20 folks show. Had a really fun time
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

Yep caught them in different locations in Spring Creek.

Comment

We always caught some nice ones up in Cleveland but I never made it home with any. They really are very colorful.

200 - African cichlids
            72 - Salty Bow Front
            33 Cube - community
            10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

I need about ten more tanks,lol! I want to convert my 180 to a native tank red longears, texas maybe a bass and a crappie or two. but I still have my midas and jags in there.Any way I need to hook up with someone that can catch some darters.

Comment

Working...
              X