Too much algae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much algae

I've had my tank for almost a year. Currently have a six T5 48" lighting, a reef octopus skimmer and am using GFO and Carbon reactor for filtration, I also have two refugium one on back and one on the sump.

In the last few weeks, nothing has changed, but am getting a large amount of brown and green algae. I would think the refugium algae would compete, but it's actually working the opposite, the algae on the refugium are dying off. I've checked the levels, and everything is on acceptable levels, I've cut back on the lighting, and have reduced the amount of frozen and pebbles I'm feeding the tank.

How can I troubleshoot this all of a sudden algae problem?

Do you make your own water? The ro cartridges might need to be replaced. Also, what size tank is it?

Comment

time for some cuc

Comment

Yeah what kind of clean up crew do you have? Water source? Tank size/fuge size and whats in it? Age of bulbs in fixture and color temp of bulbs? How about circulation?

My fuge is growing some serious algae but its red and purple. Looks pretty sweet, I only have chaeto in it with a deep bed of aragonite and I often forget to turn off the light for days. When I used tap water with prime, I got heavy green algae on my live rock but its fading now that I have an rodi unit. :)

Comment

Working...
        X