Getting My Clown Fish To Inhabit The Anenome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting My Clown Fish To Inhabit The Anenome

Ok Guys, i have recently purchased a sea anenome (one week ago), and i have 2 cb percula clowns. I had the clowns in there prior and they are not swimming through the anenome at all. Is this normal?

Depends on the anenome.... Some anenomes clowns wont host.....

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
      Depends on the anenome.... Some anenomes clowns wont host.....
      +1 sometimes the clown won't host. It's normal.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

More details will help as well, some clowns like occys and percs will host just about anything eventually, sorry are very particular about which anemones they will squat in. Also what kind of anemone? Some anemones will only host certain clowns...
        Like others have said, it may not happen at all... It may take six months... It may happen tonight, you never can tell how long or if at all it will happen

Sent from BiGPiNK's Tapatalk

Comment

I had a RBTA for a year, I think, and my first false percula clown never went near it.
          Then I got another clown who went right into it. After that, the 1st one joined her.

Comment

my clowns were hosting a mushroom when I bought them. I have had them a year and they have never hosted in my tank. Its all up to the fish. Like people have said, it may happen tomorrow, it may never happen...

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
              my clowns were hosting a mushroom when I bought them. I have had them a year and they have never hosted in my tank. Its all up to the fish. Like people have said, it may happen tomorrow, it may never happen...
              Before we had the rbta the clowns we had hosted a toadstool and took a month to or so to go to the rbta

Comment

I've even seen clowns host hammers, torches, and frogspawn.

Comment

While fellow HFBoxer was here today. We saw my pair of clowns host duncans, frogspawn and hammer. Pretty cool to see. They have even hosted my chalice. Here they are laying down for the night. "Three's Company"

Comment

how you are able to keep 3 clowns ?

i have to percula and would love to add a gold stripe maroon
                    125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Originally posted by Geral View Post
                      how you are able to keep 3 clowns ?

i have to percula and would love to add a gold stripe maroon
                      Magic

Comment

Maroons tend to be more aggressive than you're normal clown is. Not a good combo with your clowns. Semper has a pretty big tank he is keeping the trio in. Makes agression a little less

Comment

I personally probably wont have clowns unless I have a nem. At first mine would only host a leather, but then I got a nem and they started to host it. When I got rid of the nem they started to host my hammers. They are very aggressive hosters and killed one hammer and almost killed the other. Took me a while to figure out why I was loosing my heads of hammers until I realized it was on the corals that they hosted that were dying. As soon as I took them out the corals started looking way better.
                          Resident fish bum
                          330G FOWLR
                          34G Reef
                          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I have 3 clown and 13 nem. No hosting yet. Been over a week

Comment

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't...

Comment

Working...
                              X