Fish market question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish market question

Ive got a suggestion on a change to the fish market.
    To help promote more use of HFB forum I think there should be a minimum post count you have to reach before being able to buy and one before you can post as well. Like mentioned in the lounge fish topics have gone down, and some people seem to only join this site to B/S/T when they cant sell on craigslist or other sites which im glad they bring the stuff here but theres more to HFB than just that.

I agree with Johnny I think there should be atleast a required post count before u can post in the fish market

Comment

Some of the car websites I frequent is set up the same way. Gotta have like 30 post before you can sell or trade stuff.

Comment

Re: Fish market question

One of my Rc forums is 30 posts and 30 days to even be able to look at the classifieds section.
        20g mixed reef

Comment

Just curious.......what will having a minimum post count accomplish ? I'm just trying to figure out how limiting the use of the Fish Market by new members will promote more use of the other areas of the forum .

Comment

I'm assuming it's to prevent people from taking advantage of HFB by just coming here to sell their things and not contributing otherwise.
            210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
            125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Re: Fish market question

I don't see how that's advantageous to members. If there's something I need/want I don't care if the poster is a one time poster. I just care about getting a good deal.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
              Karen

Comment

This is a suggestion that has been made a few times, but Karen made the same point that I always do. The Fish Market isn't just for the Seller...it's also for the Buyer. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on a good deal because someone just recently found HFB, and doesn't have enough posts to list their item(s). Also, I'm afraid that it would just make some of those people post a bunch of garbage posts that don't add to anything, just to gain post count.

What will encourage people to post is current members inviting people to contribute by creating threads that ask members to share their experiences, brag on their fish, brag on their tanks, whatever....and having those new people not feel like they are getting bashed on when they do. The only reason I bring that up is because there was a time recently when certain new members were crapped on every time they posted. That doesn't make other new members want to try and contribute.
                Our Fishhouse
                Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

I havent seen EK in lately, he did the bragging!
                  75g Tank,
                  2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                  2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                  10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                  10g Tank
                  Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
                    Just curious.......what will having a minimum post count accomplish ? I'm just trying to figure out how limiting the use of the Fish Market by new members will promote more use of the other areas of the forum .
                    Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
                    Ive got a suggestion on a change to the fish market.
                    To help promote more use of HFB forum I think there should be a minimum post count you have to reach before being able to buy and one before you can post as well. Like mentioned in the lounge fish topics have gone down, and some people seem to only join this site to B/S/T when they cant sell on craigslist or other sites which im glad they bring the stuff here but theres more to HFB than just that.
                    This ^. I can't agree any more with you Johnny. It seems that most of the forum activity has been in the market lately and a large portion of those members posting there are new members which seem like they can't sell their stuff on craigslist. They don't really bring anything to the forum other than more sales. I'm sure HFB is more than just a marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                      I havent seen EK in lately, he did the bragging!

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                        This ^. I can't agree any more with you Johnny. It seems that most of the forum activity has been in the market lately and a large portion of those members posting there are new members which seem like they can't sell their stuff on craigslist. They don't really bring anything to the forum other than more sales. I'm sure HFB is more than just a marketplace.
                        I agree and their prices are insane. i been trying to sale a 29 for $80 with everything and here comes a new guy selling the same stuff i have for $200 if they get lucky adn sell then then are vanish from the forum. there should be a waiting time for them to sale, i dont care for buying but at least to sale they should be active and at least a week into the forum for them to rip us off!
                        75g Tank,
                        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                        10g Tank
                        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                          I agree and their prices are insane. i been trying to sale a 29 for $80 with everything and here comes a new guy selling the same stuff i have for $200 if they get lucky adn sell then then are vanish from the forum. there should be a waiting time for them to sale, i dont care for buying but at least to sale they should be active and at least a week into the forum for them to rip us off!
                          You can't get ripped off if you don't buy. And if it's the Fish Market bringing them to us, it's up to the members to make them want to stay and contribute.
                          Our Fishhouse

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                            You can't get ripped off if you don't buy. And if it's the Fish Market bringing them to us, it's up to the members to make them want to stay and contribute.

I know. but they dont stay, there are alot of new threads and i havent seen many of the new kids on the block commenting more sharing their knowledge.
                            75g Tank,
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

What can we do differently that invites people to post...other than forcing a post count?
                              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                              X